Chapter 5: Finding Sylvie

——————————🐍——————————

BROXTON, OKLAHOMA : 1982

Loki, (Y/n), Mobius and Brad exited a time door and came out right outside a McDonalds.

"Brad, I'm telling you, if you're wasting our time, you're going right back in the gizmo." Mobius threatened.

"Hey, hey, hey! Okay, alright. Look, she's in there." Brad promised. "So why don't you guys head on in, and remember that I'm the one who brought you here, and a deal's a deal. So, you go ahead, I'm gonna head back."

"Wait, wait, wait. Why are you so jumpy?" Mobius accused. "It's making me nervous."

"I'm not jumpy. I'm not nervous." Brad denied. "I just don't want to be around a Variant who killed 400 of our co-workers."

Mobius looked to Loki. "What do you think?"

"If she's in there, I have to find out what she knows." Loki said. "I'll do the talking."

(Y/n) came beside Loki and slipped her hand into his. "Maybe I should do some talking too. She did beat you up the last time we saw her."

Loki rolled his eyes, but didn't disagree with her.

...

The four of them entered the restaurant, and they immediately spotted Sylvie working behind the counter. She had on a bright McDonald's uniform, and a hat as she smiled and handed a customer their food.

Sylvie glanced to the side and her smile fell into a look of shock seeing the four of them, mainly Loki and (Y/n), standing in the restaurant.

"This look pretty tense, huh?" Brad commented. "What do you say we leave them to it and head back to the TVA?"

Mobius shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere till I get some apple pie."

Loki approached the counter and he and Sylvie looked at each other awkwardly.

"Hi..." Loki greeted.

"Hi." She replied.

(Y/n) glanced in between them for a second before trying to diffuse the tension a bit.

"It's nice to see you Sylvie. You look...great."

Sylvie gave her a small smile in return. "Thanks." Then she looked back at Loki who was still staring at her. "Listen, I haven't got all day. You gonna order something? Or, what?"

"Can we talk?" Loki requested.

"And can I get a large fry?" (Y/n) ordered.

Loki gave her a look and she shrugged. "What?"

Sylvie looked at them. "...My break's in five minutes."

She walked away from the counter and (Y/n) looked up at Loki and slipped her hand in his. He looked down at her.

"Come on." She tugged his hand. "Let's go wait outside."