Chapter 6: For All Time...Always

——————————🐍——————————

AFTER.

B-15 entered an area where several analysts were sitting at desks, working. At the front of the room was a TV screen with a picture of lines twisting together, forming an image of the tree.

She walked over to a desk where O.B. and Casey were working on reactivating Miss Minutes, only with no memories of her previous actions.

"How's it going over here?" B-15 asked them.

Miss Minutes appeared on the desk and waved. "Hey y'all! I'm Miss Minutes."

"And are we sure she won't..."

"Try to kill us all?" O.B. guessed.

She nodded. "Yeah."

O.B. shrugged.

B-15 stared at him for a moment before turning away. She spotted Mobius sitting at his desk, looking a little lost in thought.

She came over to him. "Hey, you. You okay?"

Mobius snapped out of his daze and nodded. "Yeah. I got those reports on the Variants of He Who Remains."

"Do any of them know we exist yet?"

"Nope. I guess one of them caused a little bit of a ruckus on 616 adjacent realm, but they handled it. So, we're all good for now." Mobius reported.

B-15 smiled. "That's all we can ask for. You heading up to the War Room?"

Mobius looked down. "Uh, funny you should say that...I um..."

"You're leaving." B-15 stated.

Mobius shrugged. "You think the TVA is gonna miss a tired, washed-up old analyst with a heart of gold?"

"I think there's one or two who will." B-15 answered honestly.

Mobius sighed. "I have—I gotta go see what exactly it is we've been...protecting all this time."

"Well, if you ever want a seat in there, it's yours." B-15 promised. "...are you scared?"

Mobius smiled. "Oh yeah."

...

Down in his workshop, O.B. placed a box on his counter. He opened it up to reveal a bunch of yellow books titled:

TVA Handbook: Second-Hand Edition

...

In 1868, a young boy sat at his desk, pouring wax into small cylinders to make candles. He heard a rustling noise by the window and turned around...only to see that it was just the wind.

...

Renslayer blinked her eyes open as she woke up in the middle of a field. She sat up and looked around, seeing countless objects and landmarks scattered around the area.

She was in the Void.

She looked up at the sky and heard a thunderous roar, and a dark, moving cloud.

...

Don was outside playing basketball with his boys when they both stared to try and take the ball away from him.

"Hey, we're on the same team! Help! The inmates are running the asylum! Okay, okay, peace, peace. Come on, dinner. Crazy two."

His sons ran inside the house as Don followed them in.

Across the street, Mobius stood there, watching the whole display. Sylvie came up beside him and stared at the house as well.

"The yard could do with a bit of work." She commented.

Mobius chuckled. "No. It's great. Christ, it's the best house on the block. Never look, never know."

"It's weird that they're not here, isn't it?" Sylvie added.

Mobius nodded in agreement. "Yeah..."

"...Well, see you around, I guess."

"Where you gonna go?" He asked.

Sylvie shrugged. "You?"

Mobius thought for a moment. "I might just wait here for a little bit. Let time pass."

...

At the End of Time, in the middle of the large tree of branches, two figures could be seen holding each other as they slowly spun around in a slow little dance.

Loki looked down at (Y/n) lovingly. "You look beautiful this evening my Queen."

She giggled. "Why thank you, my King."

"Still have no regrets about not staying at the TVA?" He joked.

She shook her head. "Nope. Looks like you're stuck with me."

He grinned widely. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

(Y/n) placed a hand on his cheek. "I love you Loki."

Loki slid his hands to her waist. "And I love you, my darling."

The two leaned towards each other and kissed passionately, arms wrapping tightly around one another.

Together at last.

For All Time. Always.

——————————🐍——————————