c h a p t e r ♕ e i g h t

My alarm rings on my nightstand, i groan in despair. At least it's Friday. Honestly, the only thing that has gotten me through the school week has been day dreaming about Tom. I need to see him again, i just haven't figured out how.

I don't know his phone number, or where he goes to school, or if he even goes to school. Many made men quit school as soon as their induction is over. I don't know where he lives, or where he goes or what he does. All i know is his name and that if i don't see him soon i may burst at the seams.

I trot my way down the absurdly large marble stairs as i adjust my uniform tie around my neck.

"Fran, can you come to my office." My father calls over the intercom as i make my way into the dining room. My sister and brother peak up at me, worriedly.

Usually the only time we are called to my father's office is if we are in trouble or there is big news that involves one of us. I'd rather go with out hearing either one of those things.

I turn around and take a left down the hallway and head back to the front of the house towards my fathers office. Taking a deep breath in, i adjust my school uniform and flatten the pleats of my skirt.

Taking the large handle in my hand i turn the cold metal and listen as the massive door creaks open.

"Yes father?" I ask as i approach his oak desk, covered in papers.

"Sit." he gestures to the leather chairs in front of him with the silver pen in his hand.

I do as i am told and timidly take a seat in the chair. The cushioned leather swallows me whole as i sink down into the brown chair.

"You are to attend an event tonight with the Romano girl. You will be chaperoned by her father and two of my men. You are to be home by 9pm. Understood?" He says coldly, never looking up from the papers scattered amongst his desk.

I glance around the room, confused. "Uh." I cough, adjusting my voice, "Yes, sir." The room falls silent once more. Silence with father is never comfortable, it always feels like pressure is building and something or someone will snap at any moment.

"That will be all." He gestures towards the door.

I struggle slightly to remove myself from the chair that wishes to swallow me and keep me forever. Making my way to the door, i try to remove myself from my fathers unsettling presence as fast as i can.

"Oh, Francesca." He calls out to me before i manage to slip out from the door.

"Yes, father?" I turn around to face him.

"Absolutely no funny business. I know how Gemma and Vivienne are. You are the daughter of a Don and you will act like it. Understood." He peers over the edge of his glasses waiting for my answer.

"Yes sir." I nod and excuse myself from the room.