c h a p t e r ♕ t h i r t y - e i g h t

The movement of the sheets gently awoke me as Tom slipped into bed next to me. I had wandered up to bed a some time ago while Tom went out with Georg and Gustav to secure the shipment.

I felt the shifting of the mattress as Tom leaned over me, shutting off the lamp i fell asleep reading under. My eyes fluttered open as he took the book laying across my chest and placed it on the nightstand.

His eyes wandered over my face noticing i had awoken. "You're so beautiful when you sleep." He kissed the top of my forehead while tucking the covers over my arm.

"You're so beautiful when you do anything." I murmured sleepily as i rolled over, placing my arm around his bare abdomen.  He chuckled softly and ran his fingers through my long, silky hair.

"How did the shipment go?" I asked as i snuggled my face into the crook of his neck, smelling the aroma of gasoline stuck in his braids.

He sighed deeply and my eyes shot open. "Tom?" I asked again.

"I got it there. But some of your fathers men were waiting on the route and tried to intercept it... It got ugly." He bitterly admitted.

"What do you mean it got ugly? He knows!?" I sat up in bed. My heart began to thump so intensely in my chest i felt myself getting light headed.

"No... I don't think they had any clue about us. But we had to kill a few of your fathers men for the sake of my shipment." Tom stroked my hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"What?" I turned at flicked the switch of the lamp as i sat up, looming over Tom. "Who?" I asked as my eyes widened. I felt a pit burrow out in my stomach as i held my breath. I don't know if i could ever forgive myself if something happened to Tony or my brother.

"Fontana and i didn't know the other man. He was older." He muttered as he watched my eyes. Relief flooded over my body as i clutched my hand to my chest. It wasn't Tony and it wasn't Leo.

"Oh thank god." I sighed as i plopped myself back down onto the pillow.

Tom let the silence carry on for a few moments more. "Baby, you know going to war will mean we have to kill your fathers men... Right?"

"I know. I know. I just... they're my family." I shook my head as i stared up at the bedroom ceiling.

"I'm your family now." Tom grasped my jaw as he guided my face towards his.

"Yes sir." I murmured. His eyes widened with curiosity as a smirk tugged up from the corners of his lip.

"Don't do that to me Francesca." He smiled, biting the corner of his lip ring.

"Do what?" I teased as he melted like putty at the sound of my voice.

My breath shakily huffed against his lips as he stared into my big brown eyes. His eyes teetered tauntingly between my mouth and eyes and i began to feel anticipation build within me.

At last our lips crashed together as he leaned down into me. His hand dragged itself down my neck and side, lingering around my waist.

The taste of his last cigarette enveloped my mouth as his tongue danced around my lips. I could feel the goosebumps raising from his skin as i traced my fingertips slowly over his naked back.

I shifted my leg, placing my thigh around his side. The weight of his body pressed on me harder as his kisses quickened against my blood rushed lips. His touches became sloppy and rushed as our breathing quickened with desire.

"Fuck." He pulled back, running his hands through the rows of braids in his hair. I giggled softly as i stretched and shifted my body underneath him.

"Hmm?" I hummed as i fluttered my eyelashes.

He chuckled as he ran his hand down the side of my face and traced delicately over the perimeters of my collar bone. "You know just what you're doing with that look. Don't you?"

I shrugged my shoulders playfully and flashed him a flirtatious smirk. "Mmm. From the moment you are Mrs. Kaulitz every bit of you will belong to me." He said.

My heart thumped in my chest as i felt my cheeks blossoming with color. He chuckled lowly as he watched the timid expression overtake my face.

As much as i teased and taunted him, i had no idea what i was getting myself into and he knew that.

"Come here principessa." He nodded at me.

I rolled over and snugged into my favorite place in the entire world. His hand rubbed across my back as he began to soothe me to sleep.

Just as i begin to drift off, i sleepily asked. "Tommy what was the shipment?"

His chest rose bigger this time as he inhaled a deep breath. I could feel the uncertainty weighing on his mind from here. "You know, if you want me to be your wife one day i will want a 50/50 partnership. I don't want to be like the rest of these clueless wives. I want to support you in everything that you do and that includes mafia dealings."

My eyes peered up as the tiniest smile appeared from the corner of his mouth, tugging at his lip ring. "Okay. No secrets." He murmured with his eyes still closed.

"No secrets." I nodded.

"It was dirty money. I send it to be washed and sent back to me"

"Dirty?" I asked puzzled.

"Illegal. Either counterfeit, stolen, or used to purchase illegal things."

"Oh." I said somewhat satisfied with the answer.

"We can sleep now?" He asked teasingly.

"Yes sir." I muttered as i closed my eyes.

Several hours later i was awoken to soft murmurs of vibration across the room. I groggily peered around and noticed Tom was still fast asleep next to me, his snores ringing throughout the room. I rubbed my eyes as i pulled the dark sheets back from my legs.

Picking up my phone from the dresser top, i noticed an incoming call. It took a few moment for my eyes to adjust. As i read the number across the screen my heart jumped into my throat.

It was Leo.

Shaking my head, i placed my cell phone back on the mahogany dresser top. I couldn't talk to him. I just couldn't.

But he is my brother after all.

I hastily picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I said as adrenaline began to fill within my stomach.

"Fran, it's mom. Somethings happened."