c h a p t e r ♔ t h i r t y - f i v e

As the moon reached the highest point in the sky and the soft murmurs of sleep echoed throughout the house, i began to make my escape.

I swung my duffle bag over my shoulder as i walked out of my bedroom door.

"Fran?" I stopped dead in my tracks as my blood began to run cold. I turned to face a sleepy Bella as she walked towards our bathroom.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Where are you going?" She asked rubbing her eye as she examined the bag over my shoulder.

"I love you." I said with tears beginning to brim my eyes.

"I love you too... I hope he can keep you safe from father and Alessandro." She said with fear behind light brown eyes.

"I hope so too. But no matter what, remember i will always love you... even if i'm not around anymore, okay?" My voice caught in the back of my throat as i stifled my cry.

"Okay. Mia sorella per sempre." She muttered quietly before stepping into the bathroom.

I felt if my heart had shattered into a million tiny pieces. Our nonna had said it to her sister and taught it to us when we were little girls.

"My sister forever." I whispered back before disappearing into the darkness.

Tony had left the door on the far side of the house partly ajar with the alarm off. I knew there would be many guards walking the halls tonight. Tony told me not to worry and that he would take care of it.

In all honesty it wasn't getting out of the house that i was concerned with. It was the few days that would follow.

The cab that i had called waited for me at the end of the street as i took one last look at the Rossi house. My chest filled with so many mixed emotions. I felt so angry and upset i had to leave everything and everyone i had ever known but at the same time it was if a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Though that weight was soon replaced with another as i realized my father would be on a man hunt for me in a matter of hours.

I took a deep breath as i entered the cab. "Ahh, It's you again!" He smiled into the rearview mirror. I smiled softly as i recognized him as the old man who drove the cab the very first night i met Tom.

"Yeah, It's me." I said, though i felt as if i was someone completely new from the last time he saw me.

"Where to Miss?"

"East side."

"You got it."

***

"Thanks." I muttered to the cab driver as we arrived at my destination. I held out a twenty in my hand through the partition.

"On the house." He smiled.

"No. Really, here." I pushed the money towards him.

"I have a daughter about your age. I can see you needed the ride. Just let me be a dad and drive you to where you need to go."

I nodded. "Thank you."

I ran up to the Kaulitz's door, my bag swinging across my back. I knocked heavily, anticipation building within me.

"I got it!" Someone called out inside. The door swung open to reveal Bill as he ate from a bowl. His eyes widened with the spoon still in his mouth as he spied me.

He removed the spoon and his mouth hung open momentarily, "Uhm TOM! It's for you."

"I don't want to see anyone!" Tom called back from inside the house. Bill leaned against the door frame as his tall stature stared down at me.

"You're gonna wanna see this." Bill said as he smirked.

"I told you, i don't- FRANCESCA!?" Tom screamed as he approached the door.

I dropped my bag as he embraced me into his arms, spinning me around. "My girl." He smiled happily before slamming his lips down against mine, not wasting a moment of time. He began to lap up our kiss as his tongue dove into my mouth.

"Eugh." Bill rolled his eyes as he dropped the metal spoon against the bowl. "Couldn't you at least wait until i walked away?"

"You did it. You ran away." Tom cupped his hands while his thumbs delicately traced the edges of my rounded rosy cheeks. The smile adorning his face beamed happiness but the worry behind his eyes scared me more than i'd like to admit.

"Who is it?" Mr. Kaulitz walked through the door of the den and through the foyer of the house. His expression sank as he saw the way Tom held me so snugly between his hands.

"No, no, no. Go home Francesca. There will be no war between the outfits tonight." He shook his head while he looked at Tom. Hope seemed to drain from my chest as if i cracked open like a glass. If i wasn't safe here, then there would be no place in the world for me.

"She can't leave, she'll be beaten or maybe even killed for betraying the west. You know how they are." Tom's hands fell from my face as he stepped toward his father, his eyes pleaded with the Don of the east side. But he wasn't budging.

"I do know how he is. The answer is still no. I will not risk war right now because you can't keep your dick in your pants Tom." Mr. Kaulitz scoffed.

"Bill, take Fran upstairs to my room." Tom orders his twin brother with out even turning around.

With out a moment to waste, Bill sat down his bowl on the table in the foyer and took my hand. He dragged me hastily along behind him and all the way up the stairs. He quickly flicked open a door and pushed me inside almost causing me to fall.

"Do not come out, no matter what you hear." He slammed the door shut and the thud of his shoes echoed down the stairs.

My mouth hung open as my bag dropped from my shoulder to the carpeted floor below. 'no matter what you hear' What the fuck does that even mean? What the fuck am i going to hear?

I placed my hands over my face covering my shame from the emptiness of the room. I can't believe the mess that i have now caused both of the outfits just because i was stupid enough to fall in love. God, i hated the way it was so easy to love him because i'm so terrified that it will be the down fall of us both.

Thats when i began to hear the commotion from down stairs.

"Wir müssen sie beschützen, Vater!" Tom demanded. (we have to protect her, father)

"Sie ist nicht unser Problem." His father bit back. (She's not our problem)

"Vater." Bill tried to deescalate the situation by soothingly talking to his father.

"Nein, Sag ihr, sie soll gehen, sonst." His father stated calmly. (No, tell her to leave or else)

"Wenn sie geht, werde ich es auch tun." Tom said as the room fell quiet. (If she leaves then i will too.)

"Sie sind der Nachfolger, den Sie brauchen, um such auch so zu verhalten!" His father screamed. (You are the successor, you need to start behaving as such!) The sound of shattering glass pierced my ears and startled me as i stood close to Tom's bedroom door.

The sound of slamming rang through out the foyer and my eyes widened as i stepped away from the door. I never wanted things to get ugly between Tom's family. A sinking feeling overwhelms my body as i begin to wish i could take it all back.

"Ich bin in sie verliebt und werde für sie sterben. Es ist mir egal, ob ich für das Outfit einen Krieg riskiere. Entweder stehst du hinter mir oder ich werde alleine stehen." Tom's voice boomed throughout the massive home. (I am in love with her and i will die for her. I don't care if i risk war for the outfit. Either you stand behind me or I will stand alone.)