c h a p t e r ♔ t w e n t y - f i v e

My eyes searched everywhere for the beautiful boy i had been sneaking behind my parents back with. But he was no where to be found.

To my surprise my father handed me a glass of champagne. I shared a brief glance with Leo who also knew something was up with him. Why was he acting so different towards me?

A dark headed man approached my parents. My fathers jaw tightened as his posture shifted into an uncomfortable position. Though i could see the blatant distress on my fathers face, he extended his hand out for the man to shake.

"Kaulitz. Nice to see you." He said flatly. My entire body stiffened at the sound of his name.

"Nice to see you Rossi. Been a while." Mr. Kaulitz flashes a bright smile, much more relaxed than that of my fathers.

"Of course you know my wife. This is my son Leonardo and my daughters Francesca and Isabella." He gestures to each one of us.

The man takes my mothers hand in his and shakes it firmly. He nods and smiles professionally to each one of us.

"This is my son, Bill." He steps to the side revealing the boy who looks exactly like my other half. My breath hitches in my throat seeing a face so familiar. I take small sip of my champagne in hopes of distracting myself from him. "My son Tom is handling some business, he will join us later tonight."

My stomach drops and my ears begin to ring.

"Business? On a night like tonight?" My father gestures to the lively dinner party around us.

"I believe it had something to do with his girlfriend. You know how it is." He chuckles to my father who then responds with a nod.

I choke on my champagne. Everyones eyes fall to me as i practically cough up a lung. I catch a small smirk plastered across my brothers face. "Sorry, just really dry." I point to the glass of champagne.

Girlfriend?

"Oh yes, i remember those days well." Says my father, attempting to change the subject from my very obvious faux pas.

Tom very obviously wasn't here with me. So who the hell was he with?

"Go, Fran." Leo digs his elbow into my ribcage, startling me back to reality. I notice everyone has began to take their seats amongst the large rectangular table.

I stumble over my black heels and make my way to my rightful seat between Leo and Bella. My stomach is still in knots over the mention of Tom's girlfriend.

The first course is served. The waiter sat down a bowl of cold pea soup on the gold charger plate that decorated the table. I stared at the swirl of cream that lied atop the soup. I wanted to vomit, for more reason than one.

Suddenly, the corner of my eye caught someone sitting down at the far end of the table. My gaze perks up from the cold soup to the person taking their seat.

Tom.

He wears a black button down shirt with a black tie lying over top. His bandana is made of silk and matches that of his tie. I couldn't lie he cleaned up nicer than i could have ever imagined.

His eyes caught mine for just a mere millisecond before he resumed conversation with the men at the end of the table. I felt a wave of emotion crashing down on me, so i excused myself from the table.

I quickly walked towards the bathrooms, feeling as if i couldn't breathe. My dress suddenly felt too tight around my body, i felt like i was being suffocated to death. I violently swung the bathroom door open, bracing my hands on the marble bathroom counter top.

My chest heaved as i closed my eyes, begging myself to regain control. I turned on the cold side of the tap and took some water into my hands. I placed the cool relief of the backside of my neck and felt my breathing begin to calm.

Suddenly, the door flew open. My eyes widened in shock.

"Tom!?" I exclaimed as i saw him walk through the door. He quickly shut the door behind him, locking it with one hand.

"What are you-" I shake my head in surprise of his sudden entrance.

"I need to talk to you." I says, attempting to take my hands into his. I yank my hands away, remembering where he was just earlier tonight.

"Fran?"

"Your father said you were handling some business with your girlfriend and that's why you were late." I state blankly.

He sighs deeply, "Fran-"

"What is he talking about?" I ask.

He begins to take a few steps towards me. I react by backing up towards the wall. "It's not what you think." He shakes his head.

"No Tom, if theres something you need to tell me then tell me." My back makes contact with the wall, now lying flush against it. He raises his hand and places it firmly against the wall, right above my head.

"I don't want to look stupid because you're over here seeing girls behind my back. And this is what i meant by i didn't want to get my heart broken. I just don't know how you could-"

"Francesca." He leans down towards me. I stop rambling. My big brown eyes look up into his that hover just a few inches above my face.

The smell of his cologne taunts my nostrils with a wonderfully musky scent. The smell of cigarettes and sweet mint gum drifts down the side of my face every time he takes a breath.

"What?" I ask sheepishly. He studies my face, a smile creeping across his.

I gulp.

"I was out getting you this." He takes a cell phone out of his pocket and holds it out in front of me. "You don't have one and i need to be able to contact you at all times."

"Oh." I clasp my fingers around the edges of the cell phone.

"You don't have to worry Fran. I'm all yours." He leans down, barely touching his lips against mine. He faintly rubs our lips together, taunting me.

"Promise?" I whisper.

He dives down letting our lips crash together. His hands reach towards me, combing through the sides of my perfectly curled dark hair as he takes control. Our lips form together, matching up like puzzle pieces. He fits against me so perfectly, like he was made just for me.

He pulls away from me, his lips plump and blood rushed. "You are the most beautiful girl i have ever met. Mind, body, and soul. I am yours Francesca, i swear to it."