c h a p t e r ♕ t e n

$625 flashes in bright red letters across the screen of the cash register. The sales associate peaks over the tall marble counter at me. She judges me as she eyes down my plaid pleated skirt and school tie around my white collared shirt.

I'm sure she thinks i'm just another spoiled rich private school kid who has never had to worry about a thing in their entire life. And the thing is... she would sort of be right.

I pull out the heavy metal credit card with my fathers name written starkly across the front. The associate's hand brushes mine as i give her the card with my perfectly manicured hand. She smiles smugly and runs the card.

Handing me my bag, she smirks one more time. It's time like these i wish i could tell people who i am really am. The daughter of a ruthless Don who has killed men with his bare hands. She'd surely shit her pants after giving me those go to hell looks.

I take the sleek black bag with light pink paper peaking from the top of it. I smile and head towards my friends.

"Juice bar??" Gemma asks me as i join her, Vivi, Gemma's father, Tony, and another one of my fathers men.

"Ooo, yes please." I throw my head back. She knows my obsession with the juice bar.

We begin our way to the escalator to take us down to the first floor. "Oh, shit. That lady still has my card." I say fumbling through my purse, hoping i had just misplaced it accidentally.

Everyone had already began their descent down the escalator, when i turn to return back to the store.

"Fran!" Tony calls out, his brows furrowing as he sees me walking away.

"I'll be quick it's just right here!" I point to the little shop right next to the escalator. He nods allowing me to go in the store by myself. I knew he'd be waiting at the bottom of the escalator to walk me to the food court anyways, what the big deal?

Running back into the store, i see the sales associate holding up my card for me.

"Thanks so much!" I smile gratefully, taking the card from her.

"No problem." Her smiles this time seems genuine.

I run from the store, knowing that if i take too long Tony would be up here looking for me. I don't need a report back to my father that i went missing, he'd never let me attend the 'dinner' tonight.

"OH!" I bump into someone as i emerge from the store.

"Hey!" A boy yells at me, his eyes immediately falling down to his shoes to check if i stepped on them.

I roll my eyes, little does he know my shoes are worth ten times of those on his feet. He looks back up at me, suddenly straightening up. His eyes widen as he takes in my school uniform.

"Hey." He says more gentle this time, smirking out of the corner of his mouth.

"Hi." I smile slightly, attempting to make my way around the boy. If the mafia saw him talking to me, there would be a bloodbath at the mall today.

He reached his arm out to prevent me from walking away. He places his hand against the wall, trapping me between the wall and him.

"Can i help you?" I snap, his two friends behind him chuckle. This is the first time i even noticed either of their presences, must be that irrelevant.

"Yeah, in more ways than one." His tongue traces over the inside of his teeth as he eyes the edges of my skirt. I turn my nose up in disgust.

"Ugh, in your dreams. Let me go." I push his arm from in front of me, walking past him.

"Not so fast." He says from behind me. I quicken my pace, ignoring him. Suddenly, a hand is placed over my mouth, an arm hooks around my waist and pulls me into his rock hard abs.

My stomach drops down into my ass.

I attempt to scream but with the loud chatter, sounds of the mall and the hand muffling my voice, nothing can be heard. My legs kick behind me, hoping to make contact with anything but to my dismay, they swing around missing everything.

The boys drag me to the second floor exit, peering rapidly over their shoulders. I bite the first boys hand, causing him to release his grip over my mouth.

"HELP!" I manage to scream before the tan metal door swings shut behind me. I am embraced by the darkness of a dingy stairwell. I watch the latch of the door for a few moments, praying that Tony will come bursting through at any moment.

But he never does.

My breathing quickens as the guys drag me through the door of a parking garage, heading towards an old suburban. "Please, don't." I cry out, letting the first of many tears fall from my eyes.

"Shut up." Says the short chubby guy, annoyance lingering behind his husky tone.

"Please, i can give you anything you want. My father has money. Just please don't hurt me." I plead trying to bargain for either my life or virginity.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"  A voice screams out from across the parking garage.

All of our collective gazes shoot across the room. My knees fall weak as i find my beautiful east side boy walking swiftly towards me.

"Nothin, T. Just having some fun. Or about to anyways." The guy who took me jokes, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Let her go. Now." Tom demands, the grips around my arms immediately loosen.

As soon as my feet hit the ground, i take off running towards Tom. His arms open as i throw myself into his side. A feeling of warmness washes over me. Though I've been protected my entire life, i have never felt more safe than i do in this moment, with him.

"Sorry Tom, we didn't know that she was claimed." The first boy says, his eyes widening as he surveys just how angry Tom is.

"You will never touch her." Tom says, his stone cold eyes boring down into my assailant's.

"Okay, yes." He nods his head, looking to the ground.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes sir." The boy looks at Tom, with terror in his eyes.

Tension weighs heavily in the air, as Tom watches the boys tremble in fear. "I'll deal with you three later." He nods towards the exit, the boys leave with out hesitation.

Once we are all alone, Tom grabs my shoulders and looks down at me. "Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes worriedly running all over my body. His beauty strikes me so hard, i'm finding it difficult to speak. I nod my head yes.

I know i really need to go, Tony and the men would be looking for me soon. If they found me like this it would not end well for either of us. An innocent west side girl found all alone in the darkness with a rugged east side boy, is just a recipe for a scandal.

My heart begins to thump in my chest as Tom takes my uniform tie between his fingers, softly playing with the fabric. His black metal lip ring tucks itself into the corner of his mouth as he plays with it.

Before i know it, the words fall out of my mouth. "Meet me tonight." His eyes widen, his mouth slightly opening.

I hold my breath, waiting for his answer. My hope fades as a few moments pass. I shouldn't have said it. My cheeks begin to flush with embarrassment.

"Where?" He whispers, staring deeply into my eyes.

I smile softly, "The bridge... 7 o'clock." I mutter, closing the gap between us. He nods.

"Don't be late." I whisper, letting my warm breath brush against his lips before walking away towards the exit.