c h a p t e r ♔ f o u r t y - f i v e

I walked hand and hand with Tom, wondering where life may lead us now. Every little detail of my life had changed in an instant but i honestly wouldn't have traded it for anything. Our love for each other prevailed over everything, just like i had always hoped. Tom opened the back door of the Mercedes allowing me to slide into the back seat.

"Fran!" Screamed someone from the far side of the street. Tom shoved my legs into the car and shut the door quickly. The boys lifted their guns towards the unknown man sprinting across the street towards our car.

I flung the door open, "NO NO NO!" I screamed while placing my palm over the barrel of Tom's gun. His face contorted in surprise at my willingness to protect this man he did not know. "It's okay, I know him. It's just Tony." I waved my other hand towards Bill and Gustav who still diligently pointed their guns at my old friend at the direction of their boss.

"Who the fuck is Tony?" Tom muttered jealously under his breath, his deep eyes narrowing at the sight of him. I bit the side of my lip, slightly amused at how jealous he was. He didn't ever need to worry, I belonged to him more than i had ever even belonged to myself.

"Do not hurt him." I demanded while Bill scoffed under his breath. "Every last one has to die. We spared your brother and thats enough." He muttered looking more towards his brother for the command than he did me for permission.

I shared brief, tension filled glances between the men who now stood face to face with one another. "Tony helped me escape so i could find you." I explained while Tony nodded slowly, still unsure of how he felt about Tom Kaulitz. "Mmm." Tom grunted under his breath refusing to back down from his stance.

"What is it?" I asked as i looked away from Tom while rolling my eyes at his little attitude. "I have your mother and Bella. I kept them safe." He grinned proudly of himself. I know for a fact Tony didn't gave a damn about my mother. None of the mafia men did. She was born an outsider and would always be one, no matter who she managed to marry. They protected and tolerated her because of my father but now that he was dead...

I furrowed my brows, realizing he kept her safe for my sake more than her own. "Thank you." I nodded respectfully. "Go get them." Tom nodded me towards Tony's dark gray suburban on the adjacent corner of the street. I stared warily into his eyes wondering why he insisted i exit the conversation. His eyes hardened and i didn't dare to test the authority of the new Don i would stand by.

I shrugged it off and walked towards Bella as she practically leapt out of the car and ran towards me. She jumped into my arms and i spun her around, smoothing the french braids in her hair.

"God, i swear you've grown since i left." I closed my eyes and rested my chin a top her head. I began to soak in the moment of holding my baby sister. In all honesty when i left the Rossi manor, i thought i would never see her again.

She giggled and caressed the side of my cheek with the palm of her little hand. "I am sixteen now you know." Her lips showed me a confident smile but her eyes showed sadness as she lingered over my bruised and blood cheek bone.

I pulled her hand away, forcing her eyes to meet mine. "I'm sorry i missed your birthday Bells. Won't ever happen again." She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. Embracing me in one last hug she squeezed me tighter.

My mother slid out of the car and placed her hand onto my shoulder. "I'm sorry, i should have protected you." She whispered and looking into my eyes endearingly. I pursed my lips together, removing my shoulder from her grasp. "It's too late for that now." I shook my head while taking Bella's hand into mine. I headed back towards Tom's Mercedes, dragging Bella along behind me. "What's that about?" She murmured as we watched Tony and Tom shake hands.

"Mmm. Not sure if i want to know if i'm being honest." I whispered back while she giggled under her breath.

I placed Bella into the car, my eyes watching timidly over the men as they talked. I coldly gestured my mother in behind her and closed the door. It wasn't that i was angry with my mother because i really and truly wasn't. She knew how to be a mafia wife and mother just as much as i knew how to be a mafia daughter. I had nothing but grace and mercy in my heart for the woman who raised me but i was done. I was tired of living that suffocated life that she unwillingly contributed to. That chapter of my life was over and so was my relationship with her.

"Francesca come here." Tom waved his hand over. I walked slowly to his side, looking at Tony who stood in front of us. I felt Tom's hand snake its self under my hair, wrapping around the back of my neck. Tony's eyes fell briefly to the ground as he watched the man i loved touch me so intimately.

"Antonio is going to come work for me. How's that sound baby?" His velvety voice said right next to my ear.

Elated, i turned around and faced him. "Really?" I said with a grin over taking my face. It would have broken a piece of my heart if Tom decided to kill Antonio. But i would have understood and accepted the outcome as best as i knew how.

"Of course principessa. A friend of yours is a friend of mine." He tucked my hair behind my ear and looked up towards Antonio who now began to talk with Gustav.

"What is this Tom? Are you turning soft?" Bill muttered to his brother while digging his shoulder into his.

Tom's jaw tightened. I knew he hated when his younger brother of a mere ten minutes questioned him. "What i say goes. Do we have a problem?" Tom's furrowed brows sat heavily over his eyes as he studied his brothers expression.

"Yeah and his name is Alessandro. Need i remind you of him?" Bill crossed his arms sassily over his chest.

Tom chuckled, "You leave him to me. I have a plan."