c h a p t e r ♔ e l e v e n

I look into the mirror of the mall bathroom, adjusting my school uniform. If i look disheveled i anyway shape or form, the mafia men will know something is up. They're trained to smell lies and deceit, i have to be extremely careful.

I run my fingers under my lashes, clearing the black mascara that once ran down my terrified eyes. I'm so thankful Tom was there, there was no telling what those guys would have done to me if he wasn't.

I emerge from the bathroom.

"FRANCESCA!" Tony yells from behind me, quickly taking my upper arm in his grasp.

"Where have you been, we've been looking every where!?" The panic on his face begins to soften as he realizes i am safe.

"I'm sorry, i wasn't feeling well. I needed a moment." I explain, my eyes widening with innocence.

Antonio's gaze looks at me with disappointment. I don't think he believes me but he would never call the Don's daughter a liar, not to her face anyways. He removes a cell phone from his pocket, calling the others to let them know i have been found safe and sound.

"Do you need to go home instead of the dinner?" He asks, his eyebrows raising as he watches my expression.

"No, I'm fine Tony." I look at him through narrowed eyes.

"Okay... Miss." He smirks out of the corner of his mouth. I shoot him a glare as the rest of the group walks up to us.

***

I lay across Gemma's bed stroking the soft fur of her new kitten she has named duchess. Duchess' tiny paw swats at my fingers playfully, i smile softly at her. My parents never allowed us pets growing up.

'It's no good to be attached to things.' my father would always say.

"You weren't in the bathroom were you Fran?" Vivi asks, peering at my reflection in the mirror as she does her makeup at the vanity.

"Yes... you can even ask Tony, he saw me coming out of the bathroom." I mutter defensively, not raising my head from the light gray pillow where it lays.

Gemma and Vivienne share a brief glance with one another. I don't know why i thought i could get away with lying to either of them, they know me through and through. It just seemed safer for Tom and I if absolutely no one but us knew anything.

"I'm not asking Antonio, I'm asking you." She says starkly. I raise my head from the pillow to look at her. She smirks just enough for me to see as she continues blending the blush across her round cheeks.

"Fine. No, I wasn't" I slam myself back onto the bed, using the pillow to cover my face, hiding my crimson blushed cheeks.

"Uhm, excuse me!?" Gemma coos from the bathroom counter where she sits teasing her hair.

"Details now." Vivi demands, pointing a makeup brush at me. My eyes peer over the tip of the linen covered pillow.

"It's kind of a long story but i ran into that east side boy from the other night. You know the one." I bite the corner of my cheek, hiding the smile i wish to set free.

I have no idea how either of them are going to react. I hope Gemmas need for trouble will make her encourage my bad decisions. It would be nice to have another excuse other than following my very wrong feelings.

"TOM KAULITZ!?" Screams Vivienne. "Shhh! If my father hears that name we are not going anywhere tonight." Gemma scolds our friend.

"Yeah... i may or may not have told him to meet me at the bridge tonight at seven." I look towards the window, hoping i don't hear sounds of disapproval.

"Oh my god? FRAN!? who are you becoming!?" Gemma runs out of the bathroom, waving her arms around in the air. I can't help but to let a bashful smile show.

"I don't know, theres just something about him. I have to have him. Can you guys cover for me tonight?" I smile timidly.

"Uhm... of fucking course." Vivi exclaims. "I just don't know how Tony won't know you're missing. That man watches you like a hawk, for more reason than one." She smirks, looking back towards the vanity.

I groan in frustration, she's right. I hadn't even thought about that.

I sat up quickly, "Wait, i think i have an idea." I said slyly.