c h a p t e r ♔ t w e n t y - s e v e n

I knew my parents would be fast asleep from the surplus amounts of alcohol they consumed at the dinner tonight. I snuck out my window, slowly and carefully.

I pranced my way down the street leading up to my house. My heels carried me as fast as they could, which for the record was not very fast.

Butterflies arose in my stomach as i spotted the blacked out Mercedes parked on the corner leading up to my street. I quickened my pace, excited to see him.

I jumped in the passenger seat, looking over to Tom.

"Hi." I said shyly, putting on my seat belt.

With out words he leaned over my seat. His hand caressed the side of my face, guiding it to his. He pressed his lips against mine, sending a rush of euphoria straight to my brain. His tongue danced around my lips, begging for entrance.

My hands reached up and ran down his braids smoothing them, feeling the silkiness between my finger tips. My breath shook with excitement as i was kissed like i never have been before.

He pulled away, leaving my lips cold and lonely with out the touch of his. He smiled while his eyes danced between my eyes and lips. I feel as if my heart could explode at any moment.

"Where to?" I ask, biting my lower lip that pouted out as it was swollen from our kiss.

"Mmm. You'll see." He checked the rearview mirrors before pulling away from the curb.

We rode in silence as i pretended not to notice the frequent glances he stole at me. I couldn't lie it felt so incredible to be admired by someone as beautiful as Tom.

I could see the small smirk in the corner of his mouth as he pulled into the parking lot in front of the old bell tower. This was the first place i truly got to see the real Tom, when he let me in his mind.

"Wait here." He jumped out of the car with a smile and headed into the bell tower.

My eyes shifted around as i waited not so patiently in the front seat of the car. Finally, Tom opened the passenger door and held my hand as i jumped out of the seat.

He lead me into the building and hand in hand we walked up the spiral stair case.

"What?" I asked as his eyes bore into me while i walked.

"Hmm?" He raised his brow.

"Why are you staring-" Thats when i saw what lie waiting for me at the top of the stairs. The bell room was softly lit by small flickering candles and the beams of moonlight that shone through the holes in the ceiling.

In the middle of the room there were several blankets laid atop each other. Big fluffy pillows adorned the blankets with perfection.

I gasped as my eyes surveyed the room. "Tom what is all this?" I turn around to look at him.

"I just wanted to hold you under the moon tonight." He takes my hand guiding me to the palette of blankets that lie over the hard wooden floor.

I crouched down slowly, careful of my ridiculously short dress. I reached for my shoes, but Tom's hand caught mine. Ever so delicately he removed my tall black heels from my feet, placing them next to the blanket.

His eyes deep like mahogany watched me closely as he removed his jacket. With out words we lied down together, his arms wrapping around me as we looked up towards the sky. I felt his lips against the top of my head as he placed a kiss.

"Tell me something." He says softly.

"Like what?"

"I don't know... Something you've never told anyone." He delicately brushes my hair off my shoulder, his finger swirling in circles around my skin.

"You can't make fun of me. Okay?" I bite my lips.

He giggles, "Promise."

"I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes i wish my life was a book or a fairytale." My cheeks begin to flush a soft pink color. Why did i have to be so embarrassing? Why was i telling him this?

"I don't think thats stupid." He says matter of factly.

"You don't?" I turn my head looking at his side profile illuminated by the soft glow of candles.

"No. Not at all. It's like you know your story would always be well written." He mutters. I sat straight up, my eyes widening.

"Exactly! I just feel like life consists of so much bullshit that doesn't even make sense. If Jane Austen wrote my life there would be meaning behind every little detail. My curtains would be blue to fit my melancholy state of mind as a girl trapped in her home. My nails would be baby pink to portray my child like sense of wonder for the world. I would wear a gold heart shaped locket to show the world how truly pure i am. Things would always happen for a reason, they would never happen just by chance. Like if i fell and cut my knee. It wouldn't be because i was a clumsy kid. It would be because that scar plays a role in the story of my life. I just for once wish things had meaning." My eyes widen as i realized how long i just babbled on about symbolism in literature.

"I think i'm falling in love with you." He blurts out.

I froze. I turned around slowly to see his very serious expression.

"That's dangerous Tom." I ran my fingers down the side of my dark hair. My eyes wandered down to the blankets below. "But i think i am too." I said with my face pointed away from him. I was scared to see his response, afraid to be too vulnerable.

"Come kiss me." He motioned to me with his fingers.

I gulped. God, did everything he did have to be so damn attractive?

I leaned over, placing my lips gracefully against his. His lips moved with the slightest bit of friction against mine. He deepened his kiss with passion, his lip piercing brushing against me. There was no lust or rush to the kiss. It was slow and soft. It had... meaning.

I finally let go and laid my head on his chest. I could hear his heart thumping inside his chest, almost as much as mine was. It was nice to know i wasn't the only one affected by that kiss.

"Tell me something." I demanded.

"What do you want to know?"

"Whats your story, Tom Kaulitz." I ask while he chuckled.

"You know, i love when you say my name."

"Maybe i'll say it more often." I teased.

He sighed, "Where do i start?... Well, my mother died when Bill and I were nine. Cancer. I can't remember her too much anymore. I was made a man not much after so i didn't really have time to think about it."

"What was that like?" I asked, my face buried into his chest.

"What?"

"Killing someone when you were twelve." I said bluntly.

"Scary. Well, it was then. But not so much anymore. I can kill now with no remorse or hesitations. I remember being just a kid, afraid out of my fucking mind. It was all over so fast and I felt horrible. All i could think about was this guys family and if he had kids. My father called me weak and beat me for crying. I don't know what he expected from me. I was just a child." He shook his head.

"I'm sorry they forced you to do that."

"No one forced me Fran. Yeah i was scared, but I knew it was my job as a man of the Mafia to step up and do what my family needed of me. It was my duty and fulfilled it." He says coldly.

"Do you ever feel bad now?"

"No."

"I think i would." I muttered.

He chuckled underneath me. "Yeah, because you're you. You've probably never even done a bad thing in your life."

"Yeah." I said quietly.