c h a p t e r ♕ t w e n t y - f o u r

God, my head was fucking pounding. I had stayed awake all night with Tom, not even getting an ounce of sleep. I lied in his arms for hours but it managed to only feel like a few moments. I began to crave more of him as soon as i left.

"Earth to Fran." Leo kicks me underneath the breakfast table.

I peer up to my entire family looking at me. I bit the corner of my lip nervously. "Sorry." I mutter, focusing on the conversation around me.

"Like i was saying... We will be attending a dinner tonight for the Don of the Chicago outfit in hopes that our families may make an alliance. I want to warn everyone to be in their best behavior as there will be east siders present. The Chicago outfit is very close with them. We will treat them with respect." My father glares at Leo.

My father acts as if Leonardo's temper wasn't inherited directly from him. Leo nods, "Yes sir." He states firmly. Little did he know Leo and i loved to fraternize with the enemy.

My father then looks to Bella and I. "Yes sir." we both mutter in unison.

"Good. I sent out for new dresses for you both to wear to the dinner tonight." He nods at my sister and I.

My mind races, i can feel the blood pumping my in my ears causing them to ring. I know for a fact Tom will be in attendance tonight. His father is the Don after all and appearance is everything in the mafia.

I can't act normal around him. I just can't. He bewitches my mind, body and soul. There is no way i could look at him with out my heart soaring right out of my chest.

Tonight is going to be a disaster.

***

"I. look. like. a. whore." I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The tight red dress clings perfectly to all my curves. I had never dressed so provocatively. To have to wear this at the request of my father is extremely absurd.

"Francesca, you are becoming a woman." My mother adjusts the zipper on the back of the sparkling dress.

I tug the bottom edges of the dress over my thighs, hoping for more coverage. "Yeah a woman who stands on the street corner." I huff frustratedly.

"A woman none the less." She jokes with a slight smile. I respond by rolling my eyes.

"Francesca. You are blossoming." She places her hands on my shoulders, looking at me through the mirror. My face physically recoils at the word 'blossoming'.

"Can't i just wear an old dress?" I ask, staring at my very exposed chest.

"No, honey. This is what your father wants... There will be lots of new people to meet tonight... who knows you may meet someone special." Her eyes twinkle at the last words. She pats my back reassuringly before walking away to get ready herself.

She was right, i would see someone special. But he's far from anything my father could imagine for me.