c h a p t e r ♕ t h i r t y - s i x

Tom fell asleep some while ago. I guess fighting with your family was exhausting as it seemed. But not for me. I laid awake listening to Bill's music that echoed out from his room down the hall for a few hours or so.

Tom's arm gripped firmly around my waist as he snored softly into the crook of my neck. I knew deep down in my heart this is where i am forever meant to be, wrapped in his arms every night. But something else deep down inside of me was restless and i couldn't sleep because of it.

I pulled Tom's arm away from my bare mid drift and snuck out of his bed. I wandered down the carpeted stairs as quietly as i could. I turned right at the corner of the stairs hoping to be met with the kitchen, but instead Mr. Kaulitz sat in the den smoking a cigar.

He sensed movement out of his peripheral and caught my glance as i placed my first foot on the hardwood flooring. "Sorry just looking for a glass of water." I murmured softly turning the opposite direction.

"Here, I'll show you." He rose from the burgundy felt chair and made his was across the den.

I watched warily. I felt incredibly unwelcome in his home and this felt as if it was some sort of trick, but i followed him anyways. He led me down a corridor and into a dimly lit Mediterranean style kitchen.

He retrieved a crystal glass from the cabinet and filled it with water from the fridge. He smiled softly as he gracefully made his way across the kitchen in his gray slippers. I took the glass and thanked him.

I held my breath as i waited for him to leave so that i may once again be in the comfort of my solitude, but instead he stayed. I stared at him momentarily before taking a small sip of my water.

I put the glass down on the marble counter top, "I'm sorry i'm here Mr. Kaulitz. I will go if you really want me to. I didn't mean to be this much of an intrusion." I nodded my head before looking at the ripples of my water.

"Where will you go?" He asked, studying the profile of my face.

I shook my head and took the inside of my cheek between my teeth. He was right, I had no where to go. But being unwanted was a feeling i didn't care to feel anymore. If somewhere else meant i would be free of that, i was more than willing to go.

"You will stay." He stated calmly.

"I don't want wars between the outfits." I could feel a tear begging to slide down my cheek.

"I think it's a little too late for that, don't you think?" He smirked.

"I just- I couldn't marry Alessandro." I turned away, looking out through the breakfast nook window to the awning of grass in the backyard.

"Why? It's your duty. You must have known the time would come." The bluntness in his voice demanded that my tears fall, but i held on strong.

"Because my heart is promised to someone else." I turned my head towards the hallway to Tom's room.

"My son."

I nodded my head. "Do you realize what my son could be throwing away for you?" He asked coldly.

I nodded yet again, "That's why i will leave if that's what you want."

Silence filled the moonlit room as Mr. Kaulitz stared at the blankness of the night through the window. "Do you love him?"

"More than i love myself." I admitted.

He nodded, chewing on the inside of his lip. He began to exit the kitchen, but before he did, he stopped.

"You will make a great wife for him someday, Francesca."

Taken by surprise, i jerked my head back up to him as he walked further away. "That is if we live through this." He chuckled.

I sipped slowly on the remainder of my water as i sat against the island on a tall bar stool chair. I took a few moments to myself to collect my emotions and thoughts. When i was done i wiped the remainder of my tears and made my way up to bed.

I slid between Tom's black silk sheets, when he sat up startled at the movement. "Where were you?" His eyes squinted at me sleepily.

I dragged my hand along the side of his cheek, feeling the stubble of his facial hair growing in. "I was just getting a glass of water." I whispered.

He yawned before lying his head back onto the pillow. "I would have gotten it for you." He murmured, shutting his eyes once more.

"I know." I smiled.

His arm snaked under the small of my back, dragging my body across the bed. He pulled me closer into him, pressing me into his bare chest.

My deep breaths began to carry me off to sleep as i admired his scent of cigarettes and sandalwood. His voice vibrating in his chest beneath me pulled me from my almost dreams.

"I'm so glad you're finally all mine princepessa." His hand slid up and down my back, caressing my curves.

"I love you." I whispered. I placed my lips ever so gently against his collar bone, feeling the warmness radiating from his skin.

"I love you more than words." He murmured as his breaths evened out while he drifted off back to sleep.