Chapter Seven

Today was the day. Today, the big party was due to start, and lots of people were planning to come. Bryant couldn't wait, and Demetrius...well...

At lunch, Bryant was busy hyping up the party to the fellow popular kids. He didn't mention to most of them that the house was Demetrius's. Only a select few, like Robert and Diamond, knew.

Bryant: So, you still tryna come to the party tonight?

Dominic: Yea definitely, I been looking for a party for weeks.

Bryant: Good, good.

Dominic was hanging around that Aurora girl again. Bryant asked her the same question.

Bryant: What about you, Ms. Mayor? Are you down?

Aurora: Uh...sure...

He went along asking more people. Lots of them said yes, some said they were busy, and some just respectfully declined. Diamond was busy sitting with a group of girls, laughing and chatting about whatever girls do.

Diamond: So, should we—

Girl: Look, it's Captain Bryant!

Diamond looked at him. She gave him a smile.

Diamond: So, you still partying tonight?

Bryant: Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I—

Another girl spoke:

Girl: A party? I wanna come!

Diamond: Sure, it's open house. You girls can slide too.

Bryant was a bit nervous if Demetrius would let all these people into his home. But there were lots of girls coming, and (most) boys liked girls.

Bryant: Cool, I'll see you then.

He walked over to Demetrius, who was in his same spot on the left corner, sitting alone.

Bryant: So, we got lots of guests planning to come...

Demetrius: Okay.

It seemed like he wasn't excited at all. Maybe he wasn't a party guy.

Bryant: Everything still up? No parents? No trouble?

Bryant just thought of something. He wondered how he would be able to get all of those kids in the condo. There was no way the security would check for over 200 IDs, maybe even more if kids invited others. And on a side note, what could this kid's parents be doing if they conveniently never seemed to be around?

Demetrius: Yes, my parents are...very busy.

There was no way they didn't know anything about this. Or maybe they did, but they just didn't mind.

Bryant: Okay, okay. Well, it starts at 8 p.m., and I'll have to make sure I get there before it starts. My mom should be sleeping between 8 to 8:30, so I'll come earlier at first, and then come back when it starts.

Demetrius: Okay.

The rest of school went as expected. Bryant went to his classes, and Demetrius went to his. In the gym, Demetrius heard people talking about the party. Dominic and his friends, Cody, Pierre, and Ryan, were busy focused on it. Aurora was also hanging around them yet again, bodyguards on standby. She seemed a bit off to Demetrius, just like Diamond, but he didn't bother to worry about her right now.

Dominic: Y'all boys ready for the party tonight?

Cody: Yea, pull me a couple ladies for sure.

Pierre: Where's it at?