Chapter Thirty-Three

FBI agents swarmed the area, guns trained on everyone from Riot to the random gang member in the corner. The big guy with Aurora in hand put his gun to her head again. The agents didn't make a move when they saw this.

Big Guy: You shoot any of us and I'll shoot her ass! You think I'm playing?

The agents looked at each other.

FBI Agent #1: Agent Marcus, how do we go about this?

Agent Marcus: Don't let them hurt the girl.

He looked to the big gang member.

Agent Marcus: Lower your gun, we don't need anyone to get hurt.

He and his agents took in the scene. The gang members had made a wall in front of the warehouse, Aurora was standing in front of two massive dudes that looked like they could snap necks with their arms, the assassin the police wanted was standing in front of them with a knife in her hand, and the vigilante was lying on the ground.

Agent Marcus: I don't know what's going on, but everyone calm down and drop your—-

Knightbird didn't hesitate and immediately threw a knife into neck of the agent next to Agent Marcus.

Agent Marcus: Daron's hit! Take cover!

They dove behind their cars and pulled out their guns, firing. Aurora and the other members ran into the warehouse, with Riot crawling to the side of it and hiding.

Riot: (To himself) Should have stayed my ass home. Just knew I should have.

Gang members popped out from cover and began shooting officers with their own rifles. Aurora was sat down in a corner while this was going on.

Big Guy: Don't you move, or I'll bust a cap in you, lil girl.

She nervously nodded, but looked to a window next to her. Knightbird grabbed a gun off a desk and walked up to the front door.

Knightbird: Come on, you guys! What the hell?

She started shooting back at the agents, with members following her to the door, as Riot kept crawling to the side of the warehouse, reaching a window.

Agent Marcus: (To the phone) We need backup immediately! Warehouse in Hudson Yards!

Another agent got shot, but some gang members that stepped out the door also were shot as well. Riot made his way to the window and used his nightstick to break it and climbed through, landing right next to Aurora.

Riot: Ow. I miss my damn bed—-

Aurora: You...?

Riot: Oh, hi...we should probably get you out of here...

Aurora: No! Look at all those guys—

But he pulled her up to her feet.

Riot: Yeah, no. We're leaving.

A gang member charged out the door and got shot immediately.

Knightbird: Don't just run out there!

While they did that, Riot gently helped Aurora to get out of the window. Once she was over, he collapsed back to the floor.

Riot: You...should be fine now...FBI...right out front...

Aurora: Wait! Aren't you coming?