Chapter Nine

Many teens were outside the door. They were all dressed in party clothes. They saw the doorman, Mr. Joe, who was shocked at the mass amounts of teens walking to the door.

Mr. Joe: What the—-

The kids weren't playing, they wanted in.

Dominic: We here for a party.

Mr. Joe: What party? I can't let you all in...

Mr. Joe went inside. A bunch of angry teens waited at the door.

Mr. Joe: Derrick, it's a situation outside.

Derrick looked up from his desk.

Mr. Derrick: Oh no...

Mr. Joe: They said they're here for a...party. What should I do?

Mr. Derrick: Well, ask them who they're here for. We can't just let them all in unannounced.

Mr. Joe walked outside. The teens were still impatiently waiting. It was 8:15–the party was supposed to begin at 8.

Mr. Joe: So, can I ask who you guys are here for?

Robert was in the crowd. He looked a bit nervous. Other teens, like Cody and Dominic, went to speak, but Diamond came to the front and did it for them.

Diamond: For a...Demetrius.

This confused most of the crowd, but Mr. Joe went back into the office and spoke with Mr. Derrick.

Mr. Joe: They say they are here for Demetrius.

Mr: Derrick: Oh, boy. Should have known with that pizza order. Well, let's call Demetrius so he can buzz them in.

Mr. Derrick got Demetrius on the phone.

Demetrius: (Phone) Hello?

Mr. Derrick: Yes, I got a bunch of your party guests down here. Do you want them to come up?

There was a pause.

Demetrius: ...Sure.

Mr. Derrick: Alright.

In groups, the teens had their IDs checked, whether it was a government one, a school one, or a driver's license, then they were checked for contraband and sent up the elevator by Mr. Derrick. When Mr. Derrick and Mr. Joe saw Aurora, they were immediately shocked. She had 4 bodyguards with her.

Mr. Derrick: Ms. Mayor? What are you doing here?

Aurora: Sorry, I'm...just here for the party.

Mr. Joe: Does your father know?

Aurora: Y...yeah.

They let her up after respectfully checking her. She nodded to her bodyguards.

Aurora: You can wait here.

They did, and afterward, all the teens gathered at Demetrius's front door. A knock from Diamond, and he let them in. The party had begun.

Diamond: Hey, Demetrius.

Demetrius: Uh, come in...?

Some kids were confused, however.

Cody: Where's Bryant?

Ryan: Yeah, isn't this his party?

Demetrius: Just come in.

Kids hesitated, then started entering the house. The snacks were set, pizza was ready, wine was out, TV was on, even speakers had been set up, and everything was ready.