Chapter Thirty-Four

Later on, Andy got ready for school. He was sweaty and uncomfortable, and he kept trying to get to the bottom of things.

Andy: (Text) Hey, you ok?

No response came. The vigilante hadn't been heard from for hours.

Andy: (Text) Hello...?

Andy waited for half an hour, but the message wasn't even seen. Eventually, he had to handle other priorities.

Emily: Son, it's time for your lessons!

Andy: I know, mom! I'm coming now!

He went to do his online classes, the typical AP ones like Pre-Calculus, Chemistry, English, and World History. Coupled with some Computer Science and Music, he had his classes for the day. He got through them all by three, but no word had been heard from by Demetrius, and Andy wasn't sure if Demetrius had saved the girl or not.

Andy: (Text) Yo, uh, you home?

Another hour passed, and nothing was sent back.

Andy: (To himself) Okay...time for plan B.

He went and grabbed his vigilante costume out of his closet, and his baseball bat. But when he held the bat in his hands, he had a painful memory.

Andy: (To himself) That guy...

But he shook his head and tried to sneak outside, with his costume in a bag. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it to the door unnoticed.

Emily: Andy?

Andy: Oh! Huh?

Emily: Where are you going? Why do you have a baseball bat in your hands?

Andy: Oh, I was going to play...baseball?

Emily: When have you ever—-

Andy: Mother, I'm gonna be late for practice!

Emily: Practice?

Andy gave her a wave and said goodbye. Then he left out the door just as his father came into the living room.

Emily: Did you know Andy started playing sports?

Gabriel: No...?

Emily: I think something's up with him...lately he's been acting strange...

Gabriel: You think? Yesterday he showed up at the door with the cops! Over a gun!

Emily: Oh! Oh my...

Meanwhile, back at Aurora's house, she was sitting in her room all day, unable to leave the house or go to school.

Aurora: Ugh...

Mayor Tyler walked in the room, a worried look on his face.

Mayor Tyler: You ok, honey?

Aurora: Yeah...I'm fine...but please, let me leave.

Mayor Tyler: Honey, you've seen firsthand the people outside and how they act, and you want to go back out there?

Aurora: Dad! I haven't even been able to go to school!

Mayor Tyler: Yes, well...

Aurora: I'm ok! I'm fine...I'm not hurt or anything so...

She pointed to her face, which had mostly recovered from the hits of the gang members.

Mayor Tyler: Yes, well...I'm not going to risk your safety. Once the cops handle this, then you can go back out.

Aurora: Can I at least go back to school?