Chapter Fourteen

Demetrius had been caught. He opened the door and saw a mother ready to pounce, along with kids scrambling to get out of the house. Some of them congratulated him on the party, however.

Bryant: Thanks for letting us party at your house, man!

Robert: Yeah, real dope, even if you did leave halfway through!

Dominic: Yeah, this place was lit!

But one look from Tiara got them all in that elevator. Demetrius had a stiff look on his face. Once all the kids were gone, Tiara eyed him sharply.

Tiara: Demetrius! What were you thinking? Having a party? With all those random kids? Since when were you a party teen?

He couldn't tell his mother the reason why he let them use the house was so he could spy on that suspicious Diamond girl because that would all but give away that there was more to him than meets the eye. Speaking of Diamond, he didn't see her or any of her friends leave, and neither Aurora,  for that matter.

Demetrius: Sorry, I uh—-I just wanted to do something nice.

Tiara: Son! That was not nice! That was reckless, and now we have lots of complaints! And you left them unsupervised?

She looked into the hallway.

Tiara: Darius! Get your ass out here! Now!

Darius burst out of the couple's bedroom, munching on some popcorn.

Darius: Yes, honey?

Tiara: Can't you see? Our son is changing on us!

Darius: Wait, what?

Demetrius: Sorry Mom, it won't happen again...

Tiara: No, it won't, because you're grounded!

Demetrius was surprised by this. He had never seen his mother this mad before.

Demetrius: Mom...

Tiara: No "mom"! You're grounded for a week, young man. No leaving the house! No TV, and no partying!

And with that, she left into her and Darius's bedroom.

Darius: You'll have to excuse your mom, son. After the last time a party was in this house, she's been more on edge...

Demetrius: I know...

Darius: Plus, all the neighbors were pretty mad.

Demetrius: Yep, I'm sure...

Darius: But hey, look on the bright side! Did you find you a girl?

Unfortunately for him, no. All he found was that an assassin wanted him dead, the cops wanted him in jail, he was going to be a bigger target for killing someone, even if he did save a kid's life, and now he had to put up with said kid because he wants to be some "sidekick". There was no bright side. And hell, he didn't even get to investigate Diamond, but she and her friends were all black, and one of them could be a killer...and that Aurora girl, he couldn't even start on how weird it was for the mayor's daughter to just be in public like this.

Demetrius: Sorry, no.

Darius: One day, son. One day.