24 | Birthday

It's 6 Am in the morning and I am here working out in my gym

I vent my entire frustration on working on my body and it's the favourite part of my day.

As I was busy, doing the push ups, the ringing sound of my phone echoes in the room and I frowned.

No one calls me this early.

I went to the side stand to get my phone and I looked at the caller id.

Maria.

She never calls me this early unless it is something important or an emergency.

Without wasting another second I picked the call and she spoke in a cheerful and elegant tone.

"Morning Mr Rajvansh, Don't worry about the company for today as I'll make sure everything is perfect and Miss Singhania has shifted all your meetings for tomorrow so enjoy your day off and also... Happy Birthday Mr Rajvansh"

Happy Birthday?

I checked my screen and the date was [ 03-11-2023]

It really is my birthday.

"Thank you Maria" I said softly and she hung up.

But the question is how did she get to know its my birthday. But then realisation hit me.

Miss Singhania has shifted all your meetings for tomorrow.

Maria's words ranged inside my head and now everything is crystal clear.

A genuine and Happy smile crept on my face as I realised that Aanya still remembers my birth date.

But the most amusing part is, my feisty little kitten didn't even bother to ask me once before shifting my meetings for tomorrow.

What would you call me if I said that I fucking love it when Aanya breaks the rules and tries to dominate everything.

She was always the first one to wish me every year on my birthday, even before my own family members.

Immediately, I went towards my room, showered and changed into my casuals as " My so called boss for a day " has announced my day off and I think I am certainly spending my entire day here.

As I was coming out from my walkin closet, the memories of my past days engulfed me into a deep thought.

[Flashback]

"Don't run Princess, you will hurt yourself" I said to Aanya as she is a tiny little amusing creature with even tiny legs.

She always has to run to catch up with my pace.

"Happy Bawday Kian" She said in her baby tone and I smiled at her.

"You came here, all the way running just to say this?"  I asked, faking my anger because honestly speaking, I can never remain angry at her.