3. back to school

The core four (Rosalie, Ron, Hermione and harry) were sitting in the great hall, listening to the schools choir. Rosalie and Harry were still adjusting after the train journey there. Once it ended every began to clap and waited for Dumbledores announcement.

"i wonder what he's going to say this time.." Rosalie whispered to ron and chuckled. He just laughed and shook his head.

"welcome! welcome to another year at hogwarts. Now i'd like to say a few words before we all become to befuddled by our excellent feast." Dumbdore explained. Rosalie looked bored because she just wanted to dig into her food.

"can he hurry this up im hungy" Ron stated.

"nothings new then ron" Rosalie replied while ron was giving her a playful look. They both turned their head to see hermione giving them a death stare for talking over dumbedore. Before upsetting hermione any further they began listening again because the one thing they learnt at their time at hogwarts was not to upset hermione because she can be very scary.

"First, i'm pleased to welcome professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of defence against the dark arts teacher... good luck, professor." everyone clapped for him, hoping to make him feel welcome.

"of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Rosie and harry." Hermione stated. Before anyone could say anything else Draco piped up from the other table.

"Potter. Potter. is it true you fainted? i mean you actually fainted" He laughed and his friend next to him did a fainting expression with his hand falling back into his chair.

"Shove of malfoy" Ron fought back, which made sense he was over all of his mean comments.

"Draco what is with you? you don't always have to be so rude! and he wasn't the only one who fainted i did aswell.. are you going to make fun of me too?" Rosalie gave him a death stare, hoping to make him shut up.

Over the past years Rosalie and Draco have been at hogwarts, they drifted. It always hurt Rosalie because for as long as she could remember Draco was the only one there for her. But it was like he became a completely different person the minute they stepped into hogwarts.

"Rosalie what is with you? i don't know why you have grown a liking to these filthy people" Draco argued, emphasising the 'you'.

"leave her alone" Hermione grew bored of watching Draco constantly bully them. Draco turned back around and so did they, Rosalie could still here the laughing coming from the other table. She shook her head trying to shake off the embarrassment.

They looked back to see dumbeldore still talking. "our care of magical creatures teacher for many years has decided to retire in order to spend more time with renaming his remaining limbs. Fortunately i'm delighted to announce.. that his place will be taken by none other than our own rubies Hagrid." Dumbledore gestured his hand to show hagrid.

Everyone clapped, they all knew how happy this would make hagrid. Rosalie turned to harry knowing how excited he would be. Hagrid has always been there for harry. Over time, hagrid wasn't only a teacher to Rosalie, harry, Ron and Hermione but a friend. And they all knew how much this meant to him.

"finally, on a more disquieting note.. at the request of the ministry of magic.. Hogwarts will, until further notice play host to the dementors of askban, until Sirius black is captured." Dumbledore continue causing everyone to whisper look way each other in horror. "the dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst iv been assured that their presence will not disrupt day to day activities.. a word of caution. dementor are vicious creatures. They'll no distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way therefore i must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. it is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving"

Rosalie turned to harry knowing the worry he had. She could just tell by the look on his face, Rosalie always knew when something was bothering him even if he tried to hide it.

"but you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Once Dumbledore finished his announcement. Harry immediately turned to Rosalie because for him she was like the light in the darkness.

*******

All the gryffindors were walking back to their dormitory. "fortuna major" a student spoke to the fat singing lady to let them in but she didn't listen. Harry spoke up. "fortuna major" but she still didn't listen instead just continued singing. if that's what you could call it.

"no no wait watch this" the fat lady began to sing then it quickly turned into more of a scream causing everyone to cover their ears.

"nice one" Rosalie laughed.

the screaming went on for what felt like forever. "amazing. just with my voice" the fat lady swooned at her self.

"if that's what you want to call it" Rosalie argued nudging harry causing him to let out a laugh.

"fortuna major" harry said again but more sternly this time.

"yes, all right. go in" the singing lady rolled her eyes and let everyone in.

"she's still doing that after three years" harry said while walking to his room.

Whilst the girls where trying to get sleep, all they could hear was the boys in the other room sounding like animals. They clearly, were trying sweets.

everyone was asleep now apart from Rosalie. She had to stay up to meet with Draco. For a couple minute she was wondering the hall tip-toeing trying ti be as quiet as possible until she found him.

"Draco i can't keep doing this. i'm lying to everyone i love" Rosalie said with her head down trying to hold back tears.

"Rosalie, what about me? i thought of you as my sister. and if you can't keep doing this.. you know what going to happen" Draco replied.

Rosalie took a big sigh and thought about everything for a moment. "Draco that bond we had died a long time ago. your horrible to everyone i'm close to"

"Rosalie i still care for you. no matter what.. i know i'm rude but Rosalie, we're here for a reason i just needed to remind you." Draco had a hint of sorry in his eyes. Rosalie has a sense of hope for draco.

"i know draco.. i should go. i don't want snape coming after me" Rosalie chuckled changing the mood.

And so she went. Back to the dormitory to find harry siting by the fire place. "Harry? what are you doing up?" Rosalie asked trying to whisper as quietly as she can.

"Just thinking. Why are you up?" he asked, putting his hand next to him indicating for her to sit down next to him.

"couldn't sleep. what's on your mind?" Rosalie knew harry. She knew he didn't want to bother anyone with his problems.

"Black. I don't want him to hurt anyone because he wants to hurt me. especially if he hurts you rosalie." Harry looked up at her, staring directly into her eyes putting his hand on hers.

"Harry i assure you nothing is going to happen to me, i can take care of myself. you know that." She replied. It was quiet for a moment before Rosalie spoke up again. "can i ask you something?"

"of course rosie." Harry replied.

"no matter what happens, will we always have each other?" Rosalie moved closer to him feeling the warmth of his body next to hers.

"Rosie, your my bestfriend. nothing will come between us. i promise." Harry gave her a hug before he got up and went back to sleep.

****
THANKYOU FOR READING!
I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER.

I LOVE ROSALIE AND RONS FRIENDSHIP!

TIKTOK- @rosalie.lestrangex

LET ME KNOW IF YOUR LIKING IT SO FAR :)