14. expecto patronum

It was finally time for Harry and Rosalie to learn how to fight against the dementors. "i'm so excited!! iv always wanted to know how to do better and bigger spells" Rosalie jumped up and down running to follow harry's fast walking pace which she found extremely attractive.

"me too rosie!" Harry turned to speak to her. Harry always loved seeing her excited it was one of the bright things about her. Her whole face lit up and eyes turned into an even more green than before. It was as if nothing else mattered in the room but only her.

Harry and Rosie opened the door to find professor lupin patiently waiting. "There you are! you came" He nodded at Rosalie.

"of course we did" Rosalie smiled widely showing her dimples that almost always made an appearance on her face.

"now before we start.. are we sure about this? this is very advanced magic well beyond the ordinary wizarding level." Lupin stated seriously to make sure the two of them were definitely up for the challenge.

"I'm sure" Harry and Rosalie replied at the same time.

"we'll everything prepared.. now the spell i'm going to teach you is called the patronus charm.. did you ever hear of it?" Remus walked down the stairs in his office to get closer of harry and rosie.

"nope" Rosalie mumbled.

"well a patronus is a positive force. for the wizard who can conjure one it works like a shield, with the dementors feeding on it rather than him. but in order for it to work. you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory a very happy memory, a very powerful memory. can you two do this?" The professor worked his way through the basics briefly explaining everything.

Harry and Rosalie nodded indicating that they can do it and are very up for it. "very well... close you eyes. concentrate. explore your past." Harry closed his eyes as he was going first and then rosalie would go after him. Lupin walked around harry examining him. "do you have a memory?" Harry nodded in place.

"allow it to fill you up. lose yourself within it. then speak the incantation, expecto patronum."

"Expecto patronum." Harry copied after him in a slow voice making sure he's doing everything just right.

"very good" Rosalie nodded her head impressed. "i'm sure i'll do better though" She teased.

"Miss lestrange.. you will have your turn. now shall we? wand at the ready harry." Remus laughed with her but quickly contained himself and remained focus. Harry picked out his wand and pointed it to the box that was filled with a boggart that looked like the dementor.

Professor Lupin unlocked the box gradually and eventually it flew out. "Expecto patronum" Harry shouted. But it wasn't going away he repeated him self a couple times. Rosalie realised the dementors was still there and harry began to pass out. She quickly ran infront of him and did the spell herself. "expecto patronum!" Rosalie shouted as loud as she could. With luck, the spell worked.

"i can't believe i actually did it!" Rosalie smiled but it quickly faded when she realised harry passed out.

"I can't believe it either.. whatever the memory was must have been an extremely happy one. We must wake harry!" Remus ran towards harry's lying body on the ground.

In a couple minutes Harry woke up. His eyes blinked back and forth trying to refocus. "there we go. come on deep breaths. sit up." Remus tried to lift up harry from the ground which took quite a lot of work.

"it's alright. i didn't expect you to do it the first time." The professor reassured him, patting him on the back.

"Where rosalie? is she alright!" Harry began to get flustered.

"I'm behind you harry" Rosalie laughed. Harry turned around to see the smile he always liked.

"That dementor was nasty." Harry put his hands on the floor to adjust himself up with the help of rosie.

"oh no that was a boggart, the real thing would have been much much worse. as a matter of interests which memory did you choose?" Remus asked walking around the room.

"The first time i rode a broom" Harry stated still trying to adjust to the light. Rosalie looked dissatisfied with his choice of memory. When Rosalie did it her memory was the first time she met harry, their first conversation, first glance. Their first everything.

"oh that's not good enough. not even close" Lupin shook his head side to side. "for example.. rosalie what did you think about? Harry just to catch you up rosie defeated the boggart first try. it was very impressive."

"It was- it was the first time i met harry, our first conversation like on the train. it wasn't me happiest memory but one that i felt it powerful." She glanced up at harry to see a guilty look on his face.

"I should've though about you rosie. you always make me happiest. Let me try it again! i know exactly what to think of." Harry looked eager more than tired now. As if he has the whole world on his shoulders.

"then let's give it a try. you feel ready?" Remus thoroughly inspected harry.

"just do it" Harry quickly pointed his wand at the box asserting his bravery. Rosalie looked at him feeling proud to call him a friend.

Remus opened the box once more and out came the boggart again. Harry shouted the incantation but it wouldn't go away. "expecto patronum!!" Harry shouted it again but this time even louder causing it to work just as it did for rosie. Lupin began to laugh in amazement and so did rosalie.

"yes!" Remus clapped. "we'll done harry. well done!" Remus closed the box.

"i think iv had enough for today." Harry said.

"me too." Rosalie agreed.

"yes. sit down. here." He walked then over to the stairs that were seen in his office. "eat this it helps. it really helps." He handed them food and Harry and Rosie began to devour it.

"thankyou remus. really i appreciate you so much." Rosalie thanked him.

"i appreciate it too thankyou." Harry looked down to see him and Rosalies hands where colliding with each other he quickly  took them away in pure awkwardness.

*****
THANKYOU FOR READING!

COMMENT WHAT YOU LIKE!

SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT BORING. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK IV DONE SO ITS NOT GOING TO BE MY BEST.

IF YOU WANT SNEAK PEEKS LOOK AT MY TIKTOK-
@rosalielestrange