30. Moody

The golden four, were all sat in Moodys class. Rosalie kept zoning out, all she could think about was her nightmares.

But she realised that it didn't feel like a nightmare at all, rather like someone calling out to her.

Hermione, of course had her head stuck in the books and listening to every little detail.

"Alastor Moody." The teacher stated, he then turned around and wrote on the chalk board. "Ex-Auror. Ministry Malcontent. And your new Defence against  the dark arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye. The end." He said all in one breath allowing them to understand why he's teaching the students. "Any questions?"

The class was silent, no one had any questions nor dared to ask any.

"When it comes to the dark arts, i believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" He asked the class.

Rosalie knew the answer, but again she was too lost in her thoughts. "Three, sir." Hermione brought up the courage to ask.

"And they are so named?" He asked as he aggressively wrote on the chalkboard again.

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-" Hermione explained.

"—Will earn you a one- way ticket to Azkaban, correct." He said, his voice loud and clear.

"The ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I Say different! You need to know what you're up against!" Moody slammed his hand on the table in-front of him. Cashing Rosalie to look up.

"Yes!" She screamed forgetting where she was. "sorry."

"you need to be prepared. So which curse will we see first?! WEASLEY?" He shouted, Moody was clearly in no mood to play around.

"Yes?!" Ron answered him. He looked terrified.

"Stand." And so Ron did, slowly and shaken.

"Give us a curse?" Moody muttered to ron.

"Well my dad did tell me about one. The imperius curse." Ron gulped.

"Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." The teacher stated and walked to the front of the class again.

Moody, opened a jar that held these animals inside. "Lovely little beauty." He whispered to the animal. "Engorgio." He pointed his wand to the animal and it grew 5x bigger. He then chanted another spell "Imperio!"

The animal began jumping around, to students one by one. First goyle, "ahh" He muttered under his breath as is landed on his head. Then ron, He looked up at it and looked like he wanted to cry. Then Rosalie, It sat on her hand whilst she was still lost in her mind that she didn't even realise the animal was there. She grabbed it with her hand and smiled once she realised. "Hello." She spoke to it.

"Talented isn't she" Moody spoke, ignoring Rosalie. "What should i have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself." He asked in a sadistic manner. Hermione looked sorry for the animal.

"Scored of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know-who's bidding under the influence of the imperius curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the Liars?"

Many students raised their hands, Even neville. He sat right at the front perfect tor that teacher to pick on him. "Longbottom, is it?" He asked as neville stood.

"Professor sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology." Moody said, still holding the animal. Neville nodded and began to speak in a stutter.

"T-there's the...um... the cruciatus Curse." Neville looked down at the floor.

Moodys eyes widened and he looks surprised. "Correct! correct, come, come." he gestured his hands for neville to follow. "Particularly nasty. The torture curse." Moody explained. "Crucio!" Once moodys wand was pointed at the animal is began closing itself and squealing in pain.

Rosalie hated the sight of it. Hermione did too. Neville's face scrunched up, Moody was clearly doing this to bother neville. "Stop it! cant you see it's bothering him!" Rosalie shouted.

"Stop it!" Hermione joined in. Moody looked to the two girls and stopped with the curse.

Moody walked over to Rosalie and placed the animal on the table. "I think i've heard quite enough from you. Lastly, perhaps your could give us the last unforgivable curse miss... Lestrange." Moody said Rosalie last name as if it were a sin. Something that needed to be delt with.

"Avada Kedavra." Rosalie looked to the teacher and spoke bluntly. "The killing curse. Only one person has been known to have survived it." Rosalie turned to harry and smiled slightly.

"And he's sitting in this room." Moody carried on for Rosalie.

CLASS ENDED, and Hermione, Ron, Harry and Rosalie were all walking down the stairs.
Hermione and Ron were walking in-front of Rosalie and Harry leaving then following behind.
"Hey, rosie you ok?" harry grabbed her arm softly and pulled her to one side.

"I'm fine." She shrugged her shoulders and made an attempt to keep walking but he pulled her back.

"Rosalie. Whenever you say 'i'm fine' It never really means i'm fine. You can tell me." He spoke to her calmly.

Harry couldn't bare to see rosalie like her normal self. The girl who would always crack jokes in lessons, the girl always smiling and making harry smile wide. The girl he's started to like. Seeing her sad was like a stab in his heart.

"It's just- don't worry about it. I'm okay. promise." Rosalie squeezed his shoulder and smiled.

Harry knew he wouldn't get through to her yet, but he will. "You can always tell me if there's something bothering you." He said as he began walking again side by side with Rosalie.

"I know, potter." Rosalie rolled her eyes and nudged him.

______
OMG IM SO SORRY FOR BEING SO INACTIVE!!
THANKYOU FOR READING! AND FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
DONT BE A SILENT READER! COMMENT I LOVE TALKING TO YOU GUYS ITS GIVES ME LOADS OF MOTIVATION 🫶🏻
QOTD:who's your fav character?