Beginning 2

(Some of this ain't accurate just gotta allow it).

November 28 1833

Looks like I have lived 710 years which is 142 people. And I still haven't died yet. Was I this ruthless? But I am living in a different country since I know how to use these dumb powers and they aren't bad a bit they are a nuisance since I don't need them.

I saw this news paper boy showing off something in the news. I took the newspaper and started reading through it on the bus to work.

They started talking about how there was this thing called a detective who solved a mystery case that was let cold for a few years and his name was François Vidocq.

I had to look up from my news paper quickly before I accidentally missed my stop. I got off the carriage to the police station where I worked.

The news spread like the wild fire to the extend that....

"We have heard of this new phenomenon and we need it in our newly formed police station."

The chief made an announcement.

"Akira, Han , Charles and Gabriel are going to be our news detectives." I wasn't over joyed until they said they were going to pay extra THATS when I was interested.

"Today your first case. The disappearance of Maiya LaCroix. A 17 year old that was coming back from school and didn't come home. The parents came up to us all stressed and heartbroken." He said to our little group of 4. I guess 4 is better than one.

"I expect you guys to work overti-" I put my hand up right in the air.

"I apologise I can't do overtime today." The whole room sighed.

"Is it a death anniversary again?" I nodded.

"ILL MAKE IT UP TOMORROW I PROMISE."  They accepted the fact it was November 28 again. This has happened every year

November 28 1882

"I'm sorry I can't make it today. Death anniversary of my Father."

November 28 1881

"Sorry I couldn't make it today the death anniversary of my father."

November 28 1883

"I apologise I cannot make it today as it is the-"

"DEATH ANNIVERSARY OF YOUR FATHER WE GET IT. We should just make it a public holiday at this point." Gabriel taunted back.

I chuckled slightly but went back to a serious mode.

"Alright do we have any leads?" I asked the chief.

"She was active between 3:00-4:00 pm as witnesses saw her around that time walking back from school but around 5:00 she was no where to be seen."

"So the disappearance happened around 4:00-5:00 pm but where was she last seen?" He told us to take our jackets and come with him.

"This street corner right here." There was a clearly shady alleyway. These people are so useless. So nobody heard a girl scream or shout in this corner at night.

It's going to make things harder for me. Till I heard something in the distance of the Alleyway. I heard something beeping. But then it started beeping a bit rapidly. I knew what it was.

"EVERYONE RUN AWAY." Everyone was confused but they started running to the other side of the street. Then the bomb exploded.

I looked through the rubble and saw that we were close to a piece of evidence but it was ruined. Now this is the worst case ever and we just started. I looked around to see if my colleagues and everyone else were ok. It looked like they were coughing uncontrollably because of the dust from the exploded building.

But the chief was no where to be seen. Wait I GET IT NOW.

"EVERYONE GET UP." I yelled at my colleagues as they came forward to find me.

"The chief was trying to assassinate us so he could get rid of the people who were competent in this damn agency." It took them a while to realise but they clocked on.

"Why would he do that?" Gabriel questioned.

"So no one would be able to solve the freakin' case." Charles remarked.

"Exactly, but why exactly does he not want anyone to solve the case?" Hans questioned

"Because he is apart of her disappearance." as soon as Gabriel said that we booked it to the police station to see the chief standing there giving another announcement, grinning from ear to ear thinking he had killed us.

When he saw us, his face went pale. He thought he could escape his corruption. Then he stood there very calmly then he pointed a gun at my head for everyone to see.

"What about your dad's anniversary huh?" I looked at the time.

"It's not the exact time yet." He looked confused then I lunged at him and threw his gun on the floor.

Then he kicked me in the stomach and picked his gun up and pointed it at me. So whilst I was pretending to writhe in pain, I tripped him over, making him loose his balance and his gun.

I picked up the gun and shot him in both hands so he couldn't escape. Then I arrested him.

"I won't tell you anything." He said it so confidently like as if I'm not going to squeeze the truth out of him.

I pulled him up and put him at the desk where to file his paper work. He smirked at me and started acting annoying.

"You know there are more corrupt police inside this precinct." I wanted to entertain myself and be oblivious a bit.

"Wait really who?" He really doesn't know anything.

He smirked again acting all high. "Well that's information that going to cost ya." Then I saw my colleagues bringing in all the dirty police in and doing their paperwork at the desk with them all in hand cuffs.

His face dropped and he looked pissed off.

"As you were saying?" Then he smiled again.

"You better look at the time."