Chapter 22: School

Akira's Dream

Wait. Why am I back here? Why am I back in France 1827? I was walking around and I had seen Gabriel. It was in the afternoon. I looked at the newspaper behind me August 20th?

AUGUST 20TH?! NO NO NO GABRIEL. I was trying to run again to prevent the death of Gabriel. Then those bloody hands came again. I was running but I wasn't getting anywhere. I broke free from the hands but they still kept pulling me back. I couldn't allow it to happen.

Then a soon as I was getting closer blood started raining from the sky blocking my vision of Gabriel but I heard an explosion.

That explosion that ruined my life. I saw him on the ground bleeding out excessively. I saw my former self trying to save him but it was too late. Then the blood rain moved out the way for me to relive that pain of his death.

"I don't know what you are but I know I'll see you again soon, partner." Those last words haunted me. They made me feel some sort of rage. Then the blood rain covered my view of my actions that day.

My former self approached me again. It was just taunting to see.

"Watch, when you don't listen to me, see what will happen to your little family. Pathetic human heart." Then the bloody hands covered my mouth and drowned me in the pool of Scarlett sand Crimson. I felt every agonising feeling.

Akira's Reality

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was breathing very heavily and felt my heart beating so fast. I forgot that it was Hiroshi and Haruna's first day at school. I saw them off and stayed in my bed. I don't know what might even go wrong at school.

Hana's POV

I just feel like an older sister doing this.

As I got up to the gate to let Hiroshi in to his first day of school, I saw this lady intensively staring at me.

She had black sunglasses and was wearing winter clothes with black high heels. She looks a bit off. She walked up to her son and was telling him to have a great day.

But he randomly came up to Hiroshi as if they have known each other for a long time.

"Are you also new as well? My name is
Tsuchiya what's yours?" He was a bit startled but he was happy to meet someone on the first day.

"I am Shimada." Oh so that was his real surname that's adorable. Then the kid's mother came up to me.

"Hello your son seems to be fond of having a new friend. My name is Seki. What's your name?" I have to play it cool.

"Oh my name is also Shimada I'm just his older sister." She looked at me in doubt but I assured her I was just a sibling.

"We should exchange contacts you know." Why is she moving a bit too fast we just met eachother at this moment.

"But I don't really know you?" She chuckled a bit loudly and wiped a taste of her eye.

"You just caught my eye that's all I think we should be friends." But I just met her why is she so adamant on being friends with me I'm not even that special.

Sure my life turned from being an accountant to someone entangled in a nine tailed fox past life but it's nothing special.

"Oh ok that's fine." I gave her the number to my workplace. I did this because there is no way I caught her eye. There were soo many parents there.

She knows something but I'll just let it play out.

I got back to my apartment to Akira cleaning the dishes and swiping a bowl of the soup before going back to the room. He is never leaving that room.

I knocked on his door. He clearly got startled as he was choking on his food. I patted him on the back to stop the choking which it did.

He moved away quickly. He seemed hostile to me. I didn't know what happened to him but I think he has been having weird dreams.

He has been waking up from nightmares lately and slept next to me sometimes but it seems to be more possessive. Sometime he is crying or waking up in a cold sweat.

But sometimes he is just distant. I don't think he seems to be doing well.

"Why don't you go back to work?" He looked scared.

"What if I get hungry again?" I rolled my eyes.

"And you can't teleport out of sight?" He sighed and smiled a bit.

"It would be nice to do overtime for a bit and not sleep." His face lit up. After being in the house for nearly a month. He got up and wore his work clothes.

I have never seen him more happier than ever. He had left to work in an instant. Then he left me at home by myself. Of course I decided to go back to my job.

I got a call from my job manager get very annoyed at my absence but even I couldn't explain the stuff that happened for the past month.

He seemed to be understanding of my absence.

"I understand you have always been a diligent worker. You needed that break." I am so glad he was understanding.

"Anyways there was this person asking for you specifically to help out with finances." Someone asking specifically for me? That's unusual. Then my heart sunk.

"May I know the name of the person who asked for me?" My heart was beating even faster.

"It was a funny story actually she originally asked for Shimada but I realised there was no Shimada and she sounded stumped and then she had an epiphany. She asked if someone was named Hana then I realised there must've been a reason why you said Shimada to the lad-"  I hung up the phone. I never told this woman my name. How did she know my name?