Beginning 3

Looked at the time I did. I threw Gabriel my pen as he sat down one of the colleagues with a key.

"DO HIS PAPERWORK. And if I find anything on you tomorrow will be your last." I put on my coat and ran to a carriage that was nearby. The carriage was getting stuck in traffic. And frustratingly it was getting close to midnight so I got off the carriage before my stop and ran back to my apartment just in time.

I sat on my bed and I heard that dumb ladies voice again.

"This is the 710th year of the curse. You have served the life of the 142nd person you killed."

Then those Nine Tailed features came back and I grew another tail which means the curse is getting worse. I have already the 7/9 tails if I have to live 300 more years I am screwed I would have to live like this. I have to avoid killing more people I'm so glad I don't have the chance to in this job.

(BOY WAS I WRONG.)

I got to the precinct the next day. All the paperwork was done. All the dirty police were put in prison (or so I thought) and the day has only started.

I took the police "Chief" from the prison and interrogated him.

"Where were you between the hours of 4:00-5:00 pm?" He refused to speak he sat there and kept quiet.

"I am asking you as a police officer and not as a former friend, where were you between the hours of 4:00-5:00?" But something random happened to me.

I held his face and stared directly at him which made him a bit scared.

"If you don't say where you were during those hours I'll manually twist and rip your head off in the most painful way possible." I'm not sure what was in my eyes but he looked so scared he looked like he was about to cry.

A police chief about to cry. I should say former. I sat back down in my seat.

"I was in a bar next to the alleyway around 5:46 pm and I saw this girl being carried away by one of the officers tied up trying to scream for help, but they paid me off to not say or talk about anything I saw." If I wasn't tied to this dumb curse this man would've died already.

"Do you know or have any idea where she might be?" He shook his head.

"I hope you're not lying." He pleaded like a blubbering baby.

"I SWEAR I DONT KNOW AS ONE OF MY COLLEAGUES U ARRESTED, EMANUEL MIGHT KNOW." I asked the guys to bring in Emanuel.

They brought him in all smug and everything he looked like he wasn't planning to talk. I decided to prod at him for a bit.

"Emanuel, huh?" He rolled his eyes and slammed his hand on the table in a threatening way, which I didn't seem to flinch at.

"Who's ask-?"

"Where were you between the hours of 4:00-5:00pm?"

"Not going-"

"Where were you between the hours of 4:00-5:00pm?" I repeated again in a stern tone.

"None of your busine-" I don't think he is getting the point here when I'm questioning him. I hope my anger won't get out of control. I'll just shake him up a little. So I decided to make the table shake.

"Is this some cheap magic trick or a failed attempt at an interrogation?" He scoffed. I'm guessing this wasn't enough. There is no point of using my power.

In such a low degree.

Wait no I can't do that I was given these powers as a curse to cause destruction which adds more years I can't do anything.

"If I have nothing to do here I can leave right?" Then I thought of something.

The police chief's nose started bleeding and he started clenching his heart through the handcuffs. Then blood was flowing from his mouth

"If you don't speak up. Your father will die." That's when he started to become scared. He started to shake with his hand cuffs too

"ILL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED." I'm guessing he was a weak point for him.

"We took her to her house and dumped her there per parents wishes. Then we don't know what happened after that." So I have been on a wild goose chase for someone to be kidnapped and taken home on a false report.

"Thank you for the information." His dad stopped bleeding out.

He started crying hysterically and he looked at me after a finished off my notes and was about to walk off.

"W-WHAT ARE Y-YOU?!" I smiled slyly and walked closer and got up to his face.

"None of your business." I closed the door and went to share the details with my colleagues.

Or so I thought were my colleagues. Should I be surprised? I had my suspicions anyway.
But Gabriel was the realest one out of all of them.

"WE CANNOT BETRAY HIM AND IT GOES AGAIN MY MORALS IM STAYING PUT. MONEY DOESNT BUY LOYALTY, TRUST DOES." He stormed out the room to see me standing there. I almost wanted to feel that emotion of cry but I stayed strong.

I never knew someone could be so loyal. He asked me if I had any leads. I told him was I was told. He looked so angry after hearing the news and stormed off to go to the house before me without even knowing the address.

So I had to lead a very angry person towards the house of the girl after getting a warrant.

(At the house)

He knocked on the door as the parents opened it.

"We have a search warrant for the house of Mr and Mrs LaCroix." They looked hesitant like they were about to close the door on use as soon as those words came out his mouth.

But nevertheless, they let us in suspiciously. I heard the door locked and a gun being loaded.