Chapter 8: Deeper Backstory Part 2

"Sato what's going on with him?" The woman asked him.

"Don't worry it's just something." She left the table blushing like crazy.

"No I am not ok it's like my heart is beating so fast am I dying?" He looked like he was trying not to die himself.

"Have you never felt LOVE before in your 18 years of life?" What is that word that he is saying? Love?

"What exactly do you mean by the word love?" He looked like as if I committed every single war crime in the book of war crimes.

He explained love is something you feel when you feel like you have met the right person. Love is when you would do anything for that particular someone even it would mean to kill a whole village for her to be happy.

"So that's what I just felt right now?" He nodded.

"What is this woman's name?" He laughed again.

"Her name is Mina and she is my twin sister." His twin sister. WAIT HE HAS A TWIN. AND A SISTER? THATS SO COOL. But I made these comments about his sister tho.

"I apologise I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable about your sister?" He shook his head very profusely.

"Don't worry, you might even marry her in the future." I choked on my food this time. He patted me on the back for an attempt to stop me choking. It worked but I still continued to scoff down all the food.

"You good one more time again?" I nodded in response whilst I was inhaling the food. It tastes so good I don't know why my dad never let me eat this stuff.

"Have you finished eating?" I sat up and I nodded again.

I was just so immersed in how good the food tasted I didn't even feel like I was in a shop anymore.

I gave them a the money for bill and put a tip on the tray.

"Goodbyeee." I waved thinking it would be my last but I didn't realise I was going to be going there for the next 3 years.

1121
(Age 22)

I have learnt a lot more about Mina during my 3 years of coming here. Me Sato and Mina were inseparable. We always used to talk and laugh all the time.

My feelings were developing constantly but I didn't shake off the feeling something doesn't feel right at all. My mind was starting to get attached to the idea for causing pain for someone. Like physical pain. I would tell my father but even I'm afraid of even what he would do to me if he found out.

I would immediately be confined in isolation. I simply can't let that happen. That's why I kept to myself. Even keeping to myself could be dangerous too.

What can I do?

"Hey Akira? Are you alright?" Mina asked me.

I think these feelings are going too far even when I just hear her voice I feel like just taking her away and keep her away from everyone else.

I just not feeling ok. I need to definitely be isolated. But I'm not going to tell them am I. I'm just going to continue eating homemade food from them. That would put me off everything.

(A few weeks later)

It turns out I'm still eating more than normal and I can't shake off that feeling. You know what I can do though. Live far from here.

(After explaining all that I was thinking)

"You're going to live in the forest by yourself just because you feel sick?" Even he was so confused it looked like his brain was about to explode with confusion.

"It's very hard to explain. There is a generational curse in my family-"

"Ohhh a generic story plot," What does he even mean by that? But it does sound like a generic story plot except this is real life and I am basically at risk of succumbing to this curse.

Which I don't want to happen cause what if someone that I love dies then I can't die with them? That would be terrible.

November 30 1121

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY." They made more food for me and told me that it would last me the whole year before my next birthday so I'll be able to stay here without needing to come back.

I was glad I didn't have to spend my birthday by myself. I hope it could happen the next years too.

As I ate on my birthday Sato decided to tell me something.

"YOU'RE GOING TO MARRY MY SISTER NEXT YEAR." I started choking again like that day I saw her.

She started blushing profusely and was just embarrassed about it.

The fact I asked her hand in Marriage yesterday. I could contain my happiness but I was so happy. I always viewed her as someone Inspirational. And strong willed. I just kept smiling whilst thinking about her.

I'm just thinking about it a year and I am finally with her forever.

(11 months later)

October 30th

I was getting closer to the date until I got a letter from my father whom which I haven't talked to in a long time.

It read:

"Son. It's been forever since I have seen you, you trapped yourself inside that small cabin. You live a palace for crying out loud and you have an arranged wife that I have recommended for you. Not forcing you. But I don't like seeing you getting involved with that village-"

I scrunched up the scroll and went to take a nap. I can't with him trying to force me away from her.

Then I was curious to read the rest of the letter.
I dropped the scroll and ran out to find her.

She was on her way and she looked fine and was bringing me food. I was so scared about what could happen to her.

Because of the last part of the scroll.

"If you don't leave her, I'll send someone to bribe her to not love you, if she continues to love you then I'll send someone to deal with her.