Chapter 1 Modern Day

November 11 2023

The alarm went off. I always feel so depressed after this same dream. I miss being able to keep people around me.

I got up and wore my suit and left to go the precinct. I had moved back to my country in hopes of finding her I didn't care about the pay.

To be honest that's the biggest lie I have told let's be real here. I could've kept a bunch of artifacts from every single period and sold them for a lot to the museums and be swimming in money, but the thing is it would be too suspicious to even show them.

That's why I only sold a tiny amount to get enough money for the bills and my apartment so I wouldn't have to be in crushing debt.

I finally made it to the precinct.

"Hello, Mr Akira." My junior greeted me.

"Any updates on the serial murder case?" He provided me with some papers as I sat at my desk.

"We have seen a pattern on what time he occurs and what his victims look like based on previous ones." He showed me a picture from previous victims.

They all had dark hair and glasses. And they had cut around their throat and finger prints cut off.

It was a grotesque sight to see.

"Is there anyone that could be another potential victim to the killer?" He presented another photo of a person who matched the people.

"This is (random name), she is currently and accountant working at ******." I see we need to put her under protection whist tracking down the killer.

"I just want to say it's so much of a honour to-" not this whole speech again.

"Yeah yeah I get it, you, get her under protection. Tell her that you need to do that for a reason that she won't be panicking for." He didn't even seem the slightest bit annoyed after I just dismissed him like that.

He went to go to inform her once he found out her address. I felt a bad feeling about this. I told a coworker I was heading out to look at a scene I was just notified about. She nodded in response and went back to her work.

I started tailing him secretly that I was less conspicuous in the crowd. Then I lost him. I had to use my hearing to hear him from far away and I heard his footsteps nearing the house. Until I saw someone pointing a gun at my head before I could edge closer. So much for being inconspicuous.

"So you're the one following him around huh?" He clocked the gun. I cannot get hurt whatsoever or else people around me would know. But the thing is they have all already fled.

Which is good news for me I can get shot easily. And just then I got shot in the head. I did fall backwards for him to think I was gone and he dragged my body to what was presumably an Alley.

That's when I decided to wake up. He started to shake rather quite vigorously like as if he has seen a ghost. Well I would consider to be one since I was technically meant to be dead 899 years ago.

He started trying to run but I stopped him in his tracks without having to go up to him and stop him manually.

"You look quite scared. Don't worry I won't do anything to you or kill you. It's not even an option I just want to stop your corrupted friend from trying to pull anything." He started laughing like as if he had won and I was "already too late."

That's when I held him by the shoulder and pushed him back on the ground. He got knocked out but isn't dead. Then I teleported to the apartment where I told the "detective " to put the potential victim under protection.

He was about to us the knife to slit her neck till I grabbed it off him threw him towards the back of the apartment crashing into the wall instantly.

I could see the mascara filled tears. Then what caught my peripheral vision was him trying to get up and run away. But I got to him and cornered him and handcuffed him. I handcuffed him to the chair to prevent him from escaping.

Then instead to try and confess he started laughing. He looked at me in the eyes. It looked like IT CHANGED COLOUR?!! From a brown blackish colour to a red colour. He smiled as blood was flooding through his teeth and mouth.

"You haven't solved the case yet. In fact you haven't even gotten to 1% of this case. You know why? This is only the beginning."

Then he started convulsing on the chair. I broke the chair and then he laid down the ground still convulsing and I tried to save him but unfortunately he died. The woman started screaming at the sight of the dead body. But her scream was muffled

I untied her and I told her not to say anything about me or what happened to him or what he just said about not getting through the case.

She nodded in agreement and introduced herself.

"My Name is Hana LaCroix." As soon as she said her second name I clocked. Although it might be a common surname.

"Do you somehow have French Descent somehow?" She looked confused but still happy to tell me.

"YEAH my great great great grandmother. At least that's what my mother told me." Who would've know I would've fallen straight into this coincidences.

But I wouldn't say that though I'm glad she had a happy life in the end.

"Are you ok tho? You just witnessed the death of your colleague." Oh I forgot I was meant to grieve the death of a person who betrayed the police.

"Just tell the police that he accidentally swallowed the poison that was meant for you."