Chapter 2: Want To Get Back Her Salary

Gu Ling went back to her room and rummaged through to find a bottle of safflower oil with only a little bit left in it. She treated her wounds. The pain in her legs made her feel a bit uncomfortable, and as she thought back to her last life and this life, she couldn't help but feel sad.

When she was nine years old, her own mother was on a business trip to Hainan when the boat encountered a storm and overturned. The person never came back.

Half a year later, her father, Gu Changjian, was introduced to meet Sun Xiulan, and they quickly married. Sun Xiulan brought her own daughter, Chen Ya, who is half a year younger than Gu Ling, into the family. Chen Ya's surname was changed to Gu upon entering the family, which pleased Gu Changjian, and he treated Chen Ya kindly.

However, it did not take long for Sun Xiulan and Gu Ya to sing one's praises and the other constantly snatching a lot of good things from Gu Ling.

Whenever Gu Ling wanted to react, Sun Xiulan would kneel down and cry, begging her, "It's all because I didn't educate Yaya well. Ling Ling, if you want to blame me, blame me! You hit me, you scold me, as long as you can relieve your anger!"

And each time, it ended without any resolution.

On the surface, Sun Xiulan favored Gu Ling, but in reality, all the benefits were taken up by Gu Ya and Gu Xiaobin.

Later, when she married into the Yu family, she didn't experience a single happy day. She constantly tolerated for the sake of her husband, children, and mother-in-law, until she developed cancer...

Sometimes Gu Ling would fantasize that one day her own mother would suddenly come back, smile, and hold her in her arms, telling her that there was someone else in the world who truly loved her.

Gu Ling took a deep breath, discarded those pessimistic thoughts, and began to think about her own affairs. She is now working in the food factory, and every month her salary is handed over to Sun Xiulan. Every time, Sun Xiulan referred to it as "borrowing", but in fact, she never returned it.

She intends to get all of that money back. Additionally, she intended to bring back a portion of the property left by her biological mother. Afterward, she would move to the dormitory at the food factory. She didn't want to entangle herself with Sun Xiulan and her daughter any longer.

As for her biological father, Gu Changjian, he was a confused man. Living with someone like him would likely shorten her own life.

As for the Yu family, it is impossible for her to marry again in this life. She will not tolerate anyone anymore. Going to work and making money is all for her own happiness. Why bother to work hard for others?

Of course, if it were possible, she even considered exploring other places, venturing outside, and seeing the world. After all, in her past life, she hadn't left the city for several decades...

While she was lost in thought, she heard the sound of a bicycle bell outside. Sun Xiulan enthusiastically smiled at Yu Mingxin, who walked in. ''Aiya, Mingxin, you're here? Have you eaten dinner yet? If not, Auntie will cook you a bowl of noodles! "

Yu Mingxin handed her the specially bought pastries from his hand. "Auntie, you're too polite; I've already eaten; I'm here to look for Gu Ling; I want to meet her."

After their initial meeting, Yu Mingxin fell in love at first sight with Gu Ling, the veritable flower of the food factory. Her slender figure, gentle temperament, features so delicate that they couldn't be faulted, fair and soft skin, and luscious black hair left his entire being falling directly into the trap.

While Gu Ling actually didn't feel much toward Yu Mingxin, Sun Xiulan persuaded her: "Your father works at the pharmaceutical factory, but his body is not very good. If you can marry in the Yu family, you can help your father's career. In addition, the Yu family conditions are good, and you marrying over makes us all feel assured. Your father is so worried about you that he couldn't sleep properly."