Chapter 6: The Gu Family's Scandal Broke Out!

Gu Ya was originally unwilling to write any letter of apology. However, in order to marry Yu Mingxin smoothly, she ultimately wrote this letter. After all, as soon as it was dawn, Gu Ling was going to the island, so what difference did it make if she wrote an apology letter?

Looking at Gu Ling's fragile appearance, she won't last half a year on the island!

That night, people in the Gu family couldn't sleep well. Everyone was uneasy, and Gu Changjian couldn't sleep as he thought about his daughter being pressed down by that scoundrel, Yu Mingxin. After the sun rose, when the people from the Yu family arrived, he would vent his anger properly!

Besides, these past few days, he felt that Gu Ling seemed to have changed a bit. He couldn't pinpoint exactly how she had changed, but her gaze thought of a person.

Before Yang Shan went on a business trip to Hainan, she accidentally saw the red marks on his neck that had been left by Sun Xiulan. At that time, Yang Shan didn't ask anything, but she acted as if she knew everything. In her cold and indifferent eyes, there was sarcasm, disappointment, and disdain. Whenever he thought about it, Gu Changjian felt extremely uncomfortable!

Which man could endure such a gaze? And which man wouldn't like his wife to be gentle and obedient?

So, he would rather marry Sun Xiulan, an uneducated rural woman, than continue with Yang Shan. Besides, Sun Xiulan was honest and decent, unlike Yang Shan, who relied on her knowledge and education and refused to yield during arguments!

On the other hand, Sun Xiulan couldn't sleep either. She was worried that Gu Ya would be tormented at the hands of her mother-in-law in the Yu family. She was also afraid that Gu Ling, with her excessively beautiful face, might climb the high branches of the young leader on the island...

But maybe if Gu Ling became the wife of the chief, she could more or less help the family, right? But why should it be Gu Ling who becomes the chief's wife? how is she even worthy...

Sun Xiulan was feeling extremely distressed that a hundred claws were scratching her heart,to the point that in the end, she hoped that Gu Ling would rather not help her family. She actually hoped that Gu Ling, this little wretch, would suffer on the island and never return!

Gu Ya was so happy that she couldn't sleep and spent the night fantasizing about villas, cars, and nannies.

On the contrary, only Gu Ling remained relatively calm. She barely slept and got up at six in the morning because her appointment with Secretary Ma and Auntie Chen Xuefeng was at six thirty.

Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan got up early as well. At dawn, Secretary Ma and Chen Xuefeng came to the door, which surprised Gu Changjian greatly!

Secretary Ma simply got straight to the point: "I know you are busy at work, so we especially come in the morning. Yang Shan has been gone for many years, and the one-time compensation was specifically applied for and granted for Gu Ling's sake. And now we, as Yang Shan's old unit, also want to come to understand if this compensation has been used on Gu Ling's body? Are there any difficulties in Gu Ling's life?"

Next to him, Chen Xuefeng laughed: "There should not be any difficulties. After all, the survivor benefit is more than nine hundred, and Yang Shan had quite a few pieces of jewelry before. I remember she had a jade bracelet and a gold necklace, which were quite valuable."

Gu Ling immediately looked at Gu Changjian in surprise and said, "Dad? my mom's survivor benefits are over nine hundred yuan? Didn't you say that it wasn't much money and you've spent it all? Also, the jade bracelet, the gold necklace? Isn't that what she's wearing?"

She pointed at Sun Xiulan, and Chen Xuefeng looked over, immediately recognizing the jade bracelet on Sun Xiulan's wrist. Her face turned quite ugly. "It's this one! Good, Gu Changjian, how dare you give Yang Shan's things to your second wife so easily? Wasn't this supposed to be for Ling Ling? Also, where's the compensation money? You give an explanation! Don't chill the hearts of everyone in Yang Shan's old unit!"

70s Island Flower SurvivorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara