Chapter 29: This Pearl Is A Lot Like You

The moon and stars hang above the night sky, the night sky on the island is brilliantly beautiful. The sound of the waves not far away comes in waves, as if beating on the hearts of people.

Lu Yanchen held Gu Ling in his arms, but his long legs still walked forward easily step by step. Gu Ling's face was flushed. At one moment, she wanted to struggle down, thinking that someone so assertive would probably not be willing. At another moment, she secretly wondered why he was so strong.

It wasn't until he carried her to a place not far from the wooden house that Gu Ling insisted on getting down, and only then did he let her down.

Gu Ling twisted her fingers, feeling a complex emotion that was hard to explain. After a while, she carefully said, "I do have some favorable impressions of you, but that doesn't mean I agree to be in a relationship with you. I hope..."

Before she could finish her sentence, the man beside her chuckled, unable to conceal his joy. "Comrade Gu, rest assured, I will make an effort to show myself and strive to earn your approval."

At the end of his words, he gently asked her, "Is that okay?"

Gu Ling's mind was in a chaotic state, but surprisingly, when she heard his "Is that okay?" her inner turmoil inexplicably calmed down. She nodded slowly, "Okay, let me think about it again."

Lu Yanchen still spoke with a pleased tone, "When you've thought it through, I'll take you on a trip to the mainland. There's a teacher's yard filled with china roses, and you'll surely love it."

He spoke as if she would definitely consider and agree to be in a relationship with him. Gu Ling hurriedly quickened her pace.

However, no matter how fast she walked, he could always catch up with her and maintain the same pace.

Gu Ling was helpless and stopped to ask him, "Why are you so strong? Aren't you tired after walking for so long? No matter how fast I walk, you can always catch up with me!"

Lu Yanchen laughed, "Do you really want to know?"

Gu Ling took a breath, "Of course, I want to know!"

She had long been curious about why he had such great strength. Even men of similar height and weight didn't have the same level of strength as him!

Lu Yanchen's laughter carried a hint of teasing, "Alright, I'll tell you once you've thought it through. When the time comes, I'll answer any questions you have. I'll tell you everything you want to know."

Gu Ling was taken aback for a moment, then turned her head and walked away. She still had things to consider, and she would let this poor-mouthed man wait for a long time!

But for some reason, as she walked briskly ahead and he followed behind at an unhurried pace, Gu Ling felt her mood relax. Unconsciously, a smile appeared on her lips.

When they returned to the wooden house, she saw that Sun Pingfang had indeed come back. Wang Haohan had found her, and at that moment, sitting in the room under the kerosene lamp, Sun Pingfang's eyes were swollen from crying.

This time, Li Haixia didn't tolerate it anymore. She sternly reprimanded Peng Xiaoyue and demanded an apology to Sun Pingfang!

In the end, even if Peng Xiaoyue was unwilling, she could only apologize. After offering her apology with a defiant attitude, she planned to go outside to sulk but encountered Lu Yanchen standing in the yard.

He gave her a cold glance, and just as Peng Xiaoyue was about to express her resentment, she heard Lu Yanchen say, "Something happened to the Peng family."