Chapter 7: Gu Ling's Luggage Was Thrown Into The Sea!

The train was running along the tracks, and amid the clattering sounds of eating, a few educated youth were initially talking excitedly.

This time, there were a total of seven educated youth heading to the island. The team leader was a female comrade of about twenty-five or twenty-six years old, named Li Haixia. She solemnly explained the route and what needed to be done upon arrival, and she asked everyone to take care of their own finances along the way. She then rallied everyone with an inspiring morale, saying, "We are going to the places our motherland needs the most! Build up every inch of our motherland! Dedicate our best youth to our motherland!"

A younger female educated youth named Peng Xiaoyue asked, "Captain Li, will we have a place to stay when we get there? Are there any poisonous snakes on the island?"

Li Haixia frowned. "Of course there's a place to live! What place doesn't have poisonous snakes? During the Long March, what dangerous places did we not walk through! Now, in peacetime, you've become so timid and scared?"

Peng Xiaoyue blushed in embarrassment, and she turned her head without speaking further.

Gu Ling never participated in their conversation; an hour after the train's departure, a male educated youth greeted her and asked if she wanted to eat melon seeds. She just politely refused and the male educated youth didn't press her further. Peng Xiaoyue, who was nearby, sneered softly, "Cold as ice."

From the moment they boarded, she noticed that the three male educated youth in the group were particularly attentive to Gu Ling, helping to carry her luggage. Was it just because Gu Ling was pretty?

But what use was being good-looking? They were there as educated youth. When they got to the island, this kind of dainty and tender-looking appearance was the least useful!

Even though she thought this way, Peng Xiaoyue couldn't help but feel uneasy when she saw the male educated youth being attentive to Gu Ling, which is why she made that sarcastic comment.

But who knew that Gu Ling suddenly looked at her with a cold gaze and asked, "Who are you calling 'cold as ice'?"

Peng Xiaoyue froze and was instantly embarrassed. Typically, when she said something about someone else in such a subtle way, she didn't name them, so the other party could only hold their tongue. But Gu Ling was so direct in her questioning that it left Peng Xiaoyue at a loss. 

This made Peng Xiaoyue embarrassed. She could only hold her tongue and say, "I didn't say who; I just stubbed my toe earlier, and it hurts."

Although she managed to pass it off vaguely, Peng Xiaoyue had a knot in her heart; the more she looked at Gu Ling, the more she disliked her.

As the train headed south, Gu Ling did not put much thought into Peng Xiaoyue. She leaned against the back of her seat, gently closing her eyes to rest, because she knew that the journey to the island was long and arduous.They would have to change trains once, then likely change two more times by car, and finally take a boat. Their physical stamina had to keep up.

Wasting time on people and things that are not worth it would be foolish.

At this very moment, the Gu family turned upside down. Chen Dazhu is a person who is not afraid of the world. Once he was convinced that Gu Ya was Gu Changjian's daughter, he picked up a shovel from the Gu family's yard and directly smashed the Gu family's kitchen to pieces, knocking a hole in the living room door!

Gu Ya and Sun Xiulan were terrified, but it was Gu Changjian who went up to stop Chen Dazhu. He shouted for the neighbors to call the police. Police officers from the nearby police station rushed over and took everyone to the police station. After interrogating Chen Dazhu, he was detained, and only then did the matter barely subside!