Chapter 21: Island In Danger

Everyone was shocked when they heard the wild buffalo roaring out of the woods, and they all turned to look at Gu Ling!

Gu Ling also froze for a moment, feeling the terror of the buffalo charging towards her. She took two steps back, but she wasn't too scared because the next second, the buffalo stepped into the pit they had dug today!

The buffalo struggled and tried to jump out, but it couldn't. It could only wriggle around in the pit and eventually lay down exhausted on the ground!

Suddenly, another buffalo appeared out of thin air, and everyone was delighted. This buffalo was a female, and in the afternoon, two calves somehow came to find their mother and fell into the pit one after another. Wow, the whole family was reunited!

It was so easy to catch three buffalo, which made everyone excited!

However, Gu Ling didn't plan to eat the beef. "The calves are still young, and the mother buffalo should be kept for them to suckle. Let's feed the mother buffalo more grass. Maybe we can even get some milk!"

That day, everyone made a rope and tied up the mother buffalo. They also built a fence to make a cow pen. However, because the mother buffalo was still too restless, they couldn't get close to milk her yet. They would keep her for now.

In the trap set by Gu Ling earlier, they also caught two pheasants. They put one in the chicken coop to raise, and the other one was killed and cleaned to make coconut chicken for dinner! They also baked a batch of bread in the newly made bread kiln. The smell made everyone unable to resist their hunger.

However, Zhou Cheng and Wang Haohan had not returned yet, so they had to wait a little longer for dinner.

Peng Xiaoyue became hungrier as she smelled the aroma and muttered to herself that maybe Zhou Cheng and the others wouldn't come back!

The sunset spilled over the sea, and the sky gradually darkened. Finally, Zhou Cheng and Wang Haohan returned in a small boat. They were covered in sweat, but they had smiles on their faces!

"Gu Ling! Gu Ling! Do you know how much money we made? 1,116 yuan! My goodness! We're rich, we're really rich now!" Zhou Cheng was so happy that he almost jumped up.

Even Wang Haohan, who usually didn't smile much, couldn't help but laugh. "There are still many people who know what they're talking about! The moment our goodies were set out at the entrance of the market, and soon people were fighting to buy them! Some even made reservations with us! We told them we'll go back in half a month!"

At this rate, they will definitely be able to accumulate another batch of fish, shrimp, and seafood in half a month. By then, they can bring it to the mainland to sell and make a lot of money!

Li Haixia's eyes lit up: "Just relying on the resources on this island, we can make more money than when we used to work in our hometown. Our lives will be guaranteed from now on!"

Only Peng Xiaoyue sarcastically laughed. She was given over a thousand yuan by her mother when she came, just in case she needed money on the way.

In this shit-hole of a place, money is useless!

Zhou Cheng and Wang Haohan handed the money to Li Haixia, and then took out the list of things that Gu Ling had asked them to buy, including some seeds, cooking condiments, cloth, and some flour. They arranged a storage shelf on Gu Ling's side of the kitchen, and put everything on it. As they looked at the increasingly complete setup of the wooden house, they also felt happy.

The days on the island would get better and better!

Everyone was very happy that night, envisioning the future days and feeling content.