Chapter 16: Gu Ling, You Are Really Bad

Peng Xiaoyue and the group looked as if they were fleeing from famine. Each of them was covered in mud, with one named Niu Dawei lying unconscious on the ground.

"Surely they couldn't just leave him to die, right? Especially Li Haixia, who is the team captain, hurriedly dragged Niu Dawei under the shelter, anxiously asking, "Why have you returned? Didn't you find the garrison troops?"

A female educated youth named Sun Pingfang wiped away tears. "We walked for over two days and didn't see a single person from the garrison troops. We did find the place they were stationed at, but it is not a house; it's a bamboo hut with nothing inside. How could anyone survive there? Our dry rations are almost finished, and there's no fresh water. We struggled to open a couple of coconuts... They..."

"She glanced at Peng Xiaoyue, who shot her a fierce look. Sun Pingfang was a little afraid, but could only change "Peng Xiaoyue took most of it" to "We finished it all, and Niu Dawei collapsed due to severe dehydration and little food."

Peng Xiaoyue was also tired, hungry, and extremely fatigued; her whole body was aching!

If it hadn't been for the night they rested in place when they first went looking for the garrison troops, where she discreetly seduced Niu Dawei to touch her buttocks, then threatened him during the day to hand over his food and water, the one lying unconscious might have been Peng Xiaoyue herself!

So, Peng Xiaoyue felt extremely lucky. However, seeing that Gu Ling's group not only encountered no trouble but also managed to turn that broken house into a shelter, built a spacious tent underneath, placed a few small stools, a simple table, hung mushrooms and shrimps tied with vines, and witnessed Zhou Cheng catching lively fat fish in the fishing net, she was consumed by jealousy!

The aroma of the roasted mushrooms on the fire made her stomach growl. Peng Xiaoyue couldn't help but complain to Li Haixia, why didn't she stop them when she knew it would be so hard to go out and look for the garrison troops?

Meanwhile, Niu Dawei seemed to be in a dire state. Zhou Cheng patted his face and shouted for a while before Niu Dawei weakly opened his eyes.

Li Haixia couldn't help her heartache: "We all came together to develop this island; how could you collapse so easily?"

Zhou Cheng also said heavily, "Brother, you open your eyes and look at us! If you can't make it, tell us what you have to say! I'll convey your message to your family!"

Niu Dawei opened his mouth, his voice too feeble. Zhou Cheng had to lean closer to hear Niu Dawei, who struggled to utter, "Hungry, I'm... starving..."

Zhou Cheng was taken aback, and at that moment, Gu Ling opened a coconut and handed it to him. "Feed it to him."

In addition to the coconut, Gu Ling used the hot water boiled in the morning to make a small bowl of fried flour brought by Zhou Cheng for Niu Dawei. After a lot of bustling around, Niu Dawei drank the coconut water and ate a small portion of the flour paste. The person finally had a little bit of spirit, but it was as if he had died once!

Due to the abundance of mushrooms and fish, Gu Ling casually mentioned to those four people, "If you want to eat mushrooms, roast them yourselves. If you want fish, figure it out yourselves."

As the team captain, Li Haixia also had responsibilities. She began instructing Peng Xiaoyue and the others on how to roast mushrooms and fish. Watching the four people devour their food, she was even more thankful that she was with Gu Ling!

Otherwise, she would've ended up in the same terrible state!

The others were extremely grateful to Gu Ling, but Peng Xiaoyue was eating while secretly complaining in her heart that she should have let Gu Ling go to find the garrison troops while staying back herself!