Chapter 14: Gu Ling Isn't Worthy Of You!

The heavy rain came suddenly, causing Li Haixia and Zhou Cheng to panic inexplicably. However, when they turned around and looked, although the wooden house was only roughly constructed, the roof was already completely enclosed and could block the rain. Moreover, there was a tent made of banana leaves in the middle of their wooden house, so sleeping was not a problem.

In addition, they had cut back many branches today to repair the wooden house. The good ones were used to build the house, while the others were made into stools and simple small tables.

Surprisingly, Gu Ling knew simple carpentry. Zhou Cheng was strong, so she directed him to make three small stools and two small tables. With this, the three of them no longer needed to have "picnics" for every meal.

Under the roof of the wooden house, there was enough firewood. Zhou Cheng and Li Haixia had enough dry food in their bags to last for a few days. They also caught fish and shrimp, and they had coconuts and mangoes that they had prepared. However, they didn't have much left.

Zhou Cheng scratched his head and said, "We only set up a few traps, but with this rain, the wild chickens and rabbits probably won't come out. I hope the heavy rain doesn't last too long, otherwise, the food we have won't last very long either."

Li Haixia frowned as well. She felt a bit uncomfortable these past few days. They had eaten fish, crabs, roasted pheasant, and fruits, but back at home, they would usually have some hot soup or hot water. Going without it for several days made her feel uncomfortable.

Can they really rely solely on coconut juice in the long run? The seawater is too salty to drink, and if they can't find fresh water, it won't work in the long term.

But the next second, Li Haixia saw Gu Ling playing with some mud.

She was taken aback and asked, "Gu Ling, what are you doing?"

Gu Ling smiled at her and said, "Sister Haixia, we haven't found a source of fresh water yet, but we can't go without drinking water. Drinking only coconut juice or alcohol will get boring, and besides, if we want to cook, we definitely need clean fresh water. But right now, we only have one iron pot and nothing else. I thought about trying to make some bowls and plates by firing them, so we can use them for meals and suff."

Firing bowls and plates? Li Haixia and Zhou Cheng instantly became interested!

Isn't this pottery making? In the developed society, there are even ceramic handicraft shops where people can experience the joy of making ceramics!

As soon as Gu Ling spoke, Li Haixia and Zhou Cheng quickly took action. The fire started burning, and they put the yellow-brown clay-like mud they found nearby into the shape of bowls and plates to be fired. Each of them also carved their names on their respective bowls. When they threw the bowls and plates into the fire, they couldn't help but feel excited!

Who hasn't used bowls since childhood? But using a bowl that you personally made by hand, the feeling is different!

Throwing the bowl into the fire pit to burn, this process takes a long time. Gu Ling also found a few coconut shells and placed them under the rain to collect water.

Zhou Cheng's eyes lit up: "This rain is really timely! Isn't rainwater fresh water? We happen to not be able to find fresh water! Haha, the heavens are really good!"

He quickly helped to collect the rainwater. Li Haixia also saw hope, and the two of them brought the rainwater back. They originally planned to put it directly into the iron pot to boil and drink, but Gu Ling stopped them, "Let's filter this rainwater, otherwise there are many impurities in it that will make you uncomfortable if you drink it."