Chapter 24: Confess Your Love to Educated Youth Gu!

Lan Yanchen had never felt so embarrassed in his life. He touched his nose and said, "Sorry, I got distracted just now... I'll have Ding Shaoyang go to the mainland to buy more seeds and seedlings for you later to make up for it."

Gu Ling sighed, "It's okay, I just dug these out. I'll plant them again."

She squatted down, firmly planted a chive root, and Lan Yanchen took a look and immediately learned how to do it, following suit to dig out chive roots and plant them.

Gu Ling had only planted about four or five chive roots when she looked up and found that Lan Yanchen had already planted all the others...

She was stunned and couldn't help but sigh in her heart, "This person is really capable of working!"

However, she didn't say much to him. After all,  this person is Peng Xiaoyue's heart, and it would be troublesome to say too much.

But Lan Yanchen looked at her sincerely and said, "I haven't properly thanked you. If it weren't for you, the snake venom on my leg wouldn't have been cleared so easily. We'll be stationed on this island for ten days. If you have any needs during this time, you can find me for manual labor or if you need to go to the mainland to buy things."

Gu Ling thought to herself that there were male educated youth in their team who could go to the mainland to buy things, like Zhou Cheng and Wang Haohan, so there was no need to find Lan Yanchen. Of course, on the surface, she still said, "Well, thank you."

After speaking, she turned and left. Lan Yanchen felt as if there was a faint lingering fragrance in the air, like an illusion. He wrinkled his nose, quickly calmed down, and went back to the tent where they were stationed.

After digging for a while just now, he now felt like the wound on his leg was oozing blood and becoming more and more painful.

He limped back to the tent, unable to help but ponder a question along the way.

The scene of the female educated youth pouncing on him as he had imagined seemed to have happened, yet also seemed like it hadn't...

After all, this time, it wasn't just a simple act of her coming to him to deliver dry rations. She had come up and "kissed" his leg. Of course, later he also found out that Gu Ling had simply seen that his injury was severe and had immediately gone to help him suck out the snake venom without a second thought.

But thinking about this, Lan Yanchen's feelings became even more peculiar. He always felt that this female educated youth was not simple.

If she were to try to get close to him like the other female educated youths, he would definitely refuse her in no uncertain terms, telling her that life should not be solely focused on finding a partner, and that there are more important things to do!

Lu Yanchen looked serious, as if contemplating national affairs. Ding Shaoyang walked over with a big bone covered in lean meat, his belly full and a satisfied smile on his face. It had been almost half a year since he had enjoyed such a hearty meal!

Ding Shaoyang grinned, "Leader! Educated Youth Gu asked me to bring a big bone..."

Lu Yanchen sneered inwardly. He had guessed it right - this female educated youth must have taken a liking to him!

"I've already said I don't want it. Can't you all understand?" Lu Yanchen coughed, even though he was very hungry.

Ding Shaoyang was taken aback and quickly explained, "Leader, I didn't say it was for you to eat! Educated Youth Gu saw that I liked it, so she asked me to bring an extra one for me to eat when I'm hungry. She's such a good person, isn't she?"