Chapter 4: This Chapter was Locked

Gu Ya is crying; her face has a very obvious handprint. Sun Xiulan felt so upset that she wished she could tear Gu Ling's hair out! However, she held back and cried, "Ling Ling, if you have any dissatisfaction, you vent it on me. Yaya, after all, is still young; she is your sister; how can you hit her face?"

As she spoke, she reached out and slapped herself, saying, "It's all my fault; it's all my fault. If it weren't for me, Ling Ling wouldn't be so angry..."

Gu Changjian couldn't bear it anymore and grabbed Sun Xiulan's arm. "How is it your fault? It's Gu Ling who doesn't know any better; don't take everything for her!"

After saying that, he began to reprimand Gu Ling, "Why did you hit Yaya? She's younger than you. Not only do you not know how to love your sister when you're the elder sister, but you also bully her all day long. Do you think I can't control you anymore?!"

Gu Ling remained calm and said, "She called me a wild child without a mother, but I'm not a wild child. I don't have a mother; I have a father."

Gu Changjian froze, and Gu Ya immediately loudly defended, "When did I call you a motherless wild child? You're slandering and framing! Gu Ling, you're so vicious and lowly!"

It was true that she usually occasionally sarcastically called Gu Ling a motherless wild child, but she hadn't scolded her today!

She used to taunt Gu Ling with those words occasionally, but Gu Ling never responded. So why did she suddenly bring it up today? She would never admit to it!

Gu Ling looked at Gu Changjian and smiled sadly, and indeed, she felt uncomfortable. "So, calling me inhuman, lowly, and vicious isn't cursing? I've never even seen the peach cake I bought for home, but she eats it piece by piece. Dad, is it true that I'm really a wild child and Gu Ya is your real daughter?"

Gu Changjian's face stiffened, and he immediately scolded, "What nonsense are you talking about!"

His eyes flickered, and he became somewhat flustered. He turned to Sun Xiulan and questioned, "Didn't you say that you let Ling Ling do everything in the family? What is she saying?"

Sun Xiulan hurriedly said in an aggravated manner, "Honey, when have I ever lied to you? When Ling Ling didn't like eating something, I didn't dare to give her the things she didn't like after asking once. As for the clothes and shoes, it's because they are around the same age, and they exchange and share them, thinking that the sisters can be closer to each other, and Ling Ling can also wear Yaya's clothes. Who knew that Ling Ling would reject them? Besides, I'm from the countryside; is it because Ling Ling doesn't like me that she's acting like this?"

As she said that, she wailed and cried again.

This explanation was reasonable; Gu Changjian was about to have another attack, but Gu Ling sneered, "Gu Ya spent all her salary. Additionally, every month, you take extra money from my father's salary to give to her as pocket money. Do you think I don't know? My salary is constantly being tricked away by you with your sweet talk. I'd like to see how you can explain it!"

Sun Xiulan's face turned white, "That's because you've always been understanding and don't like to spend money, so I saved it for you, and didn't I give it all back to you today..."

Gu Ling raised her hands and snapped her hands to applaud her, "Look at you, the one who doesn't like spending money! May I ask, don't you love money? Who doesn't know that money is good? If you're willing to let me spend money, do you think I won't spend it? After all is said and done, am I the most superfluous person in this family, right? Dad, you confirm today, is it that I can't spend the money that Gu Ya can spend? I have to give Gu Ya my clothes and shoes if she wants them, and I have to put up with her scolding me over and over again. If that's really the case, let's go and ask the neighbors tomorrow, whether having a stepmother means living this way!"