Chapter 36: Did Mom Also Lose Hope Like This?

Gu Ling tossed and turned, unable to sleep even with her eyes closed. It wasn't until she sighed as if giving up, got up to check her watch, and realized it was already half-past ten.

On the island, everyone went to bed early, and at this time, most people were already sound asleep, with the moon hanging high in the sky.

Pondering it over, she thought that even if Lu Yanchen had gone to the small grove, he should have left by now, right?

After all, no one would be so foolish as to wait for her.

Despite her hesitation, she ultimately decided to go and see for herself. 

Thus, Gu Ling stealthily descended the stairs and walked towards the small grove to the west of their residence. The moonlight bathed everything in a silver glow, creating a dreamlike beauty on the sea surface.

As she walked, she noticed someone leaning against a tree at the edge of the grove, playing with matches. With a flick, he lit a match, quietly watching the dancing flames.

With a hiss, he struck a match, only silently watching the dancing flames.

Gu Ling was startled, standing still in place with a sense of guilt. How long had he been waiting?

The last time they met, she wouldn't let him kiss her, and he truly refrained. This time, she said she wouldn't come, and he just waited like this...

Seemingly aware of her presence, Lu Yanchen immediately tossed aside the matches, stood up straight, and waved at her.

 A sudden warmth surged in Gu Ling's heart. She bit her lip and walked toward him.

As soon as she reached him, he lifted her up around the waist, and Gu Ling instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck. "Why didn't you leave..." she murmured.

Lu Yanchen kissed her forehead and smiled, "Why would I leave?"

A soft warmth seemed to flow through the depths of her heart. Gu Ling's voice was soft, "But what if I didn't come?"

"Then I would keep waiting. Whether you come or not is your business; whether I wait or not is mine."

He led her into the woods, and moonlight filtered through the gaps in the leaves, creating a dappled pattern as they stepped on fallen leaves, not knowing exactly where they were headed. They felt that simply walking hand in hand like this was good enough.

As they walked, the man suddenly turned around, unhesitatingly cupped her face, and their lips met. 

 He pressed her against a tree, his long and powerful arms encircling her, parting her lips without hesitation.

Gu Ling's breath became rapid instantly. Unable to help herself, she wondered if he was like this when eating a peach?

Rough, direct, biting right in, as if extracting the juiciest and sweetest nectar from within. At times, he slowed down, a gentleness tinged with urgency, tongues entwined, sweeping over every secret in her mouth. It made her shiver uncontrollably, clinging desperately to his waist...

Gu Ling felt that Lu Yanchen was acting a bit unusual today.

Sure enough, after he finally seemed to have satisfied himself a bit, she leaned against him, breathing heavily, and asked, "What's wrong with you?"

The man tilted his head slightly, the Adam's apple prominent. He closed his eyes and said, "Kiss me, and I'll tell you."

Gu Ling, a bit disgruntled, replied, "Didn't we just kiss a lot earlier?"

Lu Yanchen snorted, "Those were initiated by me. Have you ever taken the initiative to kiss me?"

Gu Ling felt that, despite being someone who had lived two lives, she had never thought that a kiss was more than just a touch of lips. A real kiss involved the merging of lips and tongues, making one's legs go weak, and surprisingly, it even mattered who initiated it.