Chapter 44: Find A Way To Make Money!

Gu Ling couldn't remember how she had fallen asleep. The next morning, when she woke up, her thighs ached so much that walking was difficult. Fortunately, Lu Yanchen personally brought breakfast to the bedside and had already squeezed toothpaste for her, bringing clear water as well.

As the newlyweds met unexpectedly in the early morning, Gu Ling instinctively touched her face. Since she hadn't washed her face or brushed her teeth, she was sure she didn't look good. She felt embarrassed and didn't dare to lift her head.

However, Lu Yanchen leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, saying, "What are you hiding for? I watched you for an hour in the morning before you woke up. Are you afraid of me seeing you?"

At that moment, when he opened his eyes, he saw her in his arms. The immense joy in his heart spread, and he dared not move. He just held her with one arm, smiling as he looked at her sleeping face. The more he looked, the more he liked it, and unconsciously, he watched for an hour before realizing it was getting late and finally got up.

Knowing that he had watched her for so long, Gu Ling blushed. She sat up to wash her face, but with the movement, her thighs ached again. Unable to bear it, she made a hissing sound, and Lu Yanchen hurriedly came to support her. Gu Ling was on the verge of tears. She pinched him and said, "It hurts!"

Last night, several times... Is he even human? Is this allowed?

Lu Yanchen laughed and sighed gently as he held her, "I couldn't resist. After all, it's our wedding night. I got a bit carried away. I'll be gentler in the future, okay?"

He spoke almost whispering into her ear, and the warm breath sprayed onto her, making the atmosphere between them ambiguous again.

Gu Ling felt a sudden panic, unsure why there seemed to be a surging emotion in her heart. She immediately suppressed it and cleared her throat, "I'm going to wash my face."

Fortunately, Lu Yanchen didn't stay at home for long. He had already taken his pre-wedding leave, and after the banquet, he would immediately start his inspection tour. He had to visit several nearby islands, and it would take several days to return.

Gu Ling took the opportunity to take care of her health and, in the afternoon, went to bring her mother, Yang Shan, back.

Yang Shan stayed overnight in the educated youth residence. From the mouths of Li Haixia and others, she learned a lot about Gu Ling's past. She heard that when Gu Ling first came to the island, she didn't even have a house and had to make a tent out of leaves. At that time, there was no fresh water, so she could only drink coconut water, eat mangoes, and go into the sea to catch fish for food...

Hearing so many people praise her daughter for being intelligent and capable, Yang Shan felt a bitter pang in her heart.

If given the choice, who would willingly plunge into such difficult circumstances?

She couldn't help but think, when she had the accident, regardless of anything else, the workplace would surely provide compensation. No matter how despicable Gu Changjian might be, he shouldn't have hidden the compensation, right? That survivor benefits could have allowed Ling Ling to live a good life.

Why did Ling Ling choose to come to this remote island? Did Gu Changjian get together with his first love and mistreat Ling Ling?

Every time she thought about these things, Yang Shan felt a pain in her heart, making it hard to breathe.

She had long regarded Gu Changjian as dead to her, but she couldn't forgive him for hurting their daughter!

Once she recovered a bit more, she was determined to make Gu Changjian pay for what he did!