Chapter 28: Lu Yanchen Picked Up Gu Ling Horizontally

At first, both Li Haixia and Gu Ling thought Sun Pingfang was not an impulsive person, perhaps she just went out to calm down and would come back soon.

But as the sun gradually set on the sea, Sun Pingfang did not return.

If they continued to wait, it would soon be dark.

Li Haixia and Gu Ling immediately decided to quickly go into the woods to find Sun Pingfang!

After learning that Sun Pingfang was missing, Lu Yanchen and the others also immediately split up to search.

They searched for a long time, until dusk approached, and the sky was almost dark, but there was still no trace of Sun Pingfang.

Unconsciously, Gu Ling found herself next to Lu Yanchen. They had been searching in the same direction. She vaguely wondered if he was deliberately following her thoughts, but the next moment, she dismissed that idea.

Finding people is important; everything else is secondary.

Gu Ling was very tired. Normally, she balanced work and rest because she wasn't physically strong, preferring to find clever solutions. But now, searching for someone requires walking slowly and shouting everywhere.

"Pingfang! Sun Pingfang! Where are you?! Come out!"

Unfortunately, there was still no news. With the sky getting dark, there seemed to be no hope.

Lu Yanchen caught up and comforted her, "Don't be afraid. Even if it gets dark, I'll have people continue searching. We're used to staying on the island, and we can search with torches at night."

Gu Ling felt a twinge in her heart and subconsciously looked at his legs, "Is your injury okay?"

Lu Yanchen replied, "It's already healed. Tough guys recover quickly."

Gu Ling remained silent and continued walking forward. As the sky grew darker, Lu Yanchen suggested, "You should go back first, and I'll keep searching. It's not safe once it gets dark."

Gu Ling was worried; she was genuinely afraid that something might happen to Sun Pingfang tonight!

In truth, she really liked Sun Pingfang—a quiet and somewhat self-conscious but diligent and gentle young girl.

Days on the island were challenging, and while others believed Gu Ling had the greatest contribution, in reality, everyone had contributed. Each person played a role, and without any one of them, the current relatively comfortable living environment wouldn't exist.

Gu Ling also didn't want any of her companions to encounter trouble. Last time, when Peng Xiaoyue ran off, they all went to search together, not to mention the current situation with Sun Pingfang missing.

At that moment, a signal flare suddenly rose into the sky with an explosive sound from the southwest. Gu Ling immediately looked up, but with too many trees in the way, she couldn't see anything. Lu Yanchen, however, smiled and said, "We found them! That's our signal. If we find someone, a flare is set off. Gu Ling, let's go back!"

The moment Lu Yanchen said they found the person, Gu Ling felt a sudden relief in her heart. However, because she had walked too much, her feet were in severe pain, and her whole body felt weak. She couldn't help but lean against a tree, saying, "I... I need to rest for a while..."

Just at that moment, something unknown swiftly darted past Gu Ling's feet, and the furry, prickly sensation startled her, causing her to gasp and instinctively cry out, "Help!"

She had been holding back from screaming out loud, but the tremor in her voice was genuine.

Initially, Lu Yanchen had maintained a bit of distance from her, but upon seeing her like this, he immediately stepped forward, forcefully brushing aside a few obstructing branches and grabbing Gu Ling's arm, pulling her into his embrace.