Chapter 43: It's The Bridal Chamber!

The seaside wedding was simple yet romantic, perhaps because these two individuals were exceptionally outstanding!

Gu Ling wore a white wedding dress, and the pearl necklace around her neck was strung with the shell-shaped pearl that Lu Yanchen had initially given her. Lu Yanchen, at some point, had prepared a ring.

The gentle sea breeze tousled her long hair and caressed the hem of her dress. Above, the sky was a vibrant blue, adorned with wisps of clouds, and the radiant sunlight. Surrounding them were his comrades and fellow educated youths who had come to the island.

Under the leadership of the regimental commander Yu, Lu Yanchen solemnly placed the ring on Gu Ling's finger.

He held her hand, and in his determined eyes, there was an undisguised smile.

"I wear a military uniform and can't easily kneel before you, but I hope you know that today's wedding is Lu Yanchen asking Gu Ling to marry him. Therefore, Lu Yanchen will protect his Ling Ling for a lifetime. No need for grand gestures, just hoping for a peaceful life together until old age."

Leaning in close to Gu Ling's ear, he whispered, "Gu Ling, I love you."

Gu Ling blushed, and although Lu Yanchen's whispered words were soft, they were still heard by many, prompting laughter from everyone.

Applause roared like waves, and everyone could see how much Lu Yanchen liked Gu Ling. And who wouldn't envy such a fate?

Everyone present was a woman, and not everyone had the good fortune to marry a man who liked them so much! 

Under the leadership of the regimental commander, the two bowed to heaven and earth. The bride was charming and alluring, with a hint of shyness but always maintaining a graceful posture. Lu Yanchen, on the other hand, was elegant and dashing in every gesture, his eyes fixed on Gu Ling, full of joy and affection.

Suddenly, Ding Shaoyang shouted, "Kiss!"

Other guys joined in the chorus, "Leader! Kiss! One kiss!"

Gu Ling blushed even more, her ears turning crimson. Lu Yanchen smiled and picked her up, carrying her into the new room.

A group of people followed in a commotion, eagerly anticipating the traditional post-wedding teasing.

Life on the island was tough, and finally having such an opportunity, Gu Ling and Lu Yanchen couldn't escape a lively round of teasing. Fortunately, everyone was in high spirits. For example, they played games like biting apples and dates together, deliberately designed to make them kiss. Gu Ling felt embarrassed in front of so many people, but Lu Yanchen was bold and took the chance to kiss her several times.

Later, they wanted the bride and groom to eat dumplings. Ding Shaoyang asked loudly, "Leader, do you want them steamed or boiled?"

Everyone laughed, eagerly anticipating Lu Yanchen and Gu Ling's shy and hesitant response. After all, answering such a question was quite embarrassing.

But who was Lu Yanchen? He was not the type to feel embarrassed. He boldly declared, "Steamed! Steam two! One son and one daughter!"

The whole room erupted in excited laughter. Gu Ling couldn't help but smile too. A bride wasn't supposed to burst into laughter, so she had to hold it in, but deep down, she was truly happy.

The wedding teasing was a source of great joy for everyone. Some were envious, some were happily joining in, and others were a bit sour.

Especially Peng Xiaoyue, who stood at the door of the new room for a while and felt more and more uncomfortable. When she married Captain Yu, there was no ceremony. She just moved in and began taking care of the two children, almost like a live-in nanny!