chapter four.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"Dr. Hilton is ready to see you guys now," The receptionist at the child psychologist's office said, her smile carrying a hint of flirtation as she directed her gaze towards Keanu, nodding toward the door leading to the psychologist's room. "Once inside, You could just take a left, and it's the third door on your right."

"Preciate it." Keanu nodded getting up.

"Thank you," Fela smiled, "Cmon Sky." She grabbed Skyler's iPad from her lap, and Skyler stood up. Fela tucked the iPad into her purse, then the three of them headed toward the door. Keanu opened it and courteously held it for Skyler and Fela before walking in himself.

Keanu, Fela and Skyler walked to the psychologist's office and when they got there they found Dr. Hilton standing there with a clipboard in hand. As soon as she caught sight of them, a welcoming smile instantly brightened her face and she stepped forward to greet them.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Hilton, but you guys could call me Astrid! I'm so happy to meet you all," Dr. Hilton greeted them warmly. Extending her hand, she first shook Keanu's hand with a friendly gesture, then graciously extended it to Fela, who reciprocated the handshake, expressing how delighted they were to meet Dr. Hilton as well. Bending down slightly, Dr. Hilton smiled at Skyler and asked, "And who do we have here?"

Skyler, typically not a shy girl, felt a knot of nervousness settle in her stomach. The purpose of their visit today had been explained to her, making her anxious. In an uncharacteristically shy manner, she uttered, "My name is Skyler."

"Hi Skyler," Astrid greeted with a friendly wave. "I'm Astrid. I know it can feel a bit scary to talk about things sometimes, but you know what? You're a brave and wonderful girl, and I'm here to help and listen. We'll take it one step at a time, there's nothing to be nervous about. Are you ready?" Lana asked as Skyler nodded, clutching Keanu's hand tightly. "Okay, come on. Follow me inside to my special office."

Keanu, Fela, and Skyler followed Astrid into her office, a warmly inviting space adorned with soft colors and cozy furniture. Skyler, gripping Keanu's hand, glanced around the room, taking in the inviting ambiance. The room felt exceptionally pleasant to her.

In one corner, a cluster of toys and a table adorned with coloring books, crayons, and markers caught Skyler's eye, and Astrid immediately noticed Skyler's interest in the colorful array of art supplies.

"Skyler, would you like to go and explore the toys and activities over there?" Astrid suggested, noting Skyler's interest. Initially hesitant, Skyler glanced at Keanu for reassurance, and upon receiving a nod from him, she let go of his hand and walked over to the inviting area, her curiosity gradually overcoming her hesitation.

"Okay, while she plays over there, I'd like to have a talk with both of you. You're her mom, right?" Astrid glanced at Fela.

"No, I'm her grandmother. She calls me her nanny." Fela chuckled in response.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry. You look very young. Come on, let's go sit over there." Astrid suggested, leading them to the seating area in her room, which consisted of a couch and a rocking chair. Astrid settled into the rocking chair, while Fela and Keanu took a seat on the couch. "So, what brings you here today?"