chapter twenty.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"Down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches. And here is where I stockpile old lunches, or, as I like to call it, my tum-tum yum-yums." blared the TV while Keanu and Skyler lounged in his bed, watching Lab Rats as Skyler played with Keanu's hair.

"Daddy I'm going to get a caprisun. You want one?" Skyler let go of Keanu's dread asking.

"Which kind do we have in the fridge?"

"Strawberry Kiwi." Skyler responded, and Keanu shook his head in disagreement.

"That one is nasty. Get me a Snapple."

"Kk. I'll be back." Skyler replied before darting out of the room. Seconds later, Keanu's phone started ringing. Spotting Landon's sister, Lakeyah's name on the screen, he picked up the phone from his nightstand and answered.

"Wassup Lakeyah." Keanu greeted.

"Hey Keanu, Are you busy right now?"

"Nah I ain't busy, Wassup?" He asked. "What is the police saying about Landon?"

"The police have been no help because they're starting to lose hope just like my momma is starting to lose hope about the whole thing. She doesn't even think Landon is alive anymore and not gonna lie I'm starting to think he isn't alive too. If he was alive Landon would've been back to us right now. I know him. Even if he needed a break from us he wouldn't take this long of a break away from us or from hearing from us. We're all starting to lose hope. My momma is getting more and more anxious every day, and I don't like seeing her like this. I don't know what else to do. I've called everyone I can think of, but there's been no leads. I'm trying my best to be strong for my family, but the constant worry and uncertainty is taking a toll on me. And then, just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, we found out that Jaz is pregnant and she's at risk of losing the baby because this shit got her really stressed and depressed. This is all just so fucking overwhelming. I just want my brother back, so everything can go back to how it was."

"Nah, Yall can't think like that. Don't think he's dead. I know how you feel I'm feeling like that too but we can't give up. We gotta keep looking and keep pushing until we find him. If it was one of us you know that nigga wouldn't let himself lose hope. We gone find him.

"I don't even know." Lakeyah sniffled.

"Aye, Don't cry. We gone find him. What if I was to get someone to help?" Keanu asked.

"I don't know, Even the police are starting to lose hope so I don't think anyone could find him."

"Private investigators could. They're trained to find people who go missing, and they got way more resources and access to information than the police do. If we hire a good one, I promise you they gone find Landon." Keanu feigned concern, You gotta do what you gotta do.

He was fully aware of his plan all along. The intention was to hire a private investigator, and given the careful orchestration of events, it's impossible for anyone, even an amazing investigator, to unveil the truth. The plan had been set into motion long before Landon's demise, with every detail meticulously arranged.