chapter thirty four.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

It was a beautiful afternoon in June, the sun shining brightly overhead and the sky a deep blue. 18 year old Keanu stood in his bedroom, his attention drawn to the Christian Louboutin box that was on his bed. Today was his prom day and the excitement he had initially felt for it had faded. He hadn't been able to see his girlfriend outside of school all week as she had been busy with last minute prom preparations and he was annoyed by the whole thing.

Their prom theme was Masquerade Ball, and their school went all out to make the venue resemble an actual masquerade ball and Mieke and Keanu decided to go for black attire.

Keanu picked up the box from his bed and took out the paper, then retrieved his red bottoms. Just as he settled them down, there was a knock at his bedroom door. "It's me. I'm about to come in." Fela's voice was heard from the other side.

"Aight." Keanu replied and the door swung open, and Fela entered the room and smiled at how handsome her oldest son looked.

"Look at youuuu boy you look so handsome, okay son." Fela exclaimed with a grin as she walked towards the bed and sat down, looking at Keanu. "You get the good looks from me."

Keanu jerked his head back, his face scrunched up as he looked at Fela. "I don't look like you."

Fela picked up the remote, and Keanu laughed, instinctively moving away a little as Fela was about to throw it at him. "The fuck you made that face for? I ain't ugly, I am fine as fuck and yes, you do look like me. If you got yo looks from yo Daddy, you would've been ugly as hell."

"Nah." Keanu shook his head and chuckled. "I look like myself. I don't look like Fela."

"Bi- Boy! Keanu I almost called you something, My name is Momma or Ma. Not Fela. I don't care how old you are, Youn call me Fela."

Keanu raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. "My fault, Fe—" he started to say, but Fela interrupted by throwing the remote at him and he caught it just in time "Woww now you would've sat there crying if that hit my eye."

"And would." Fela replied, picking up his vest. "You talked to Mieke? She's almost ready?"

Keanu nodded, "Yeah. It's packed over there."

Fela furrowed her eyebrows, "Really? Already?"

"Yeah." Keanu confirmed. "Her family big as shit and the people that's there right now ain't even all the people coming. You know her crib is where we all taking pictures at, so it's packed with everybody else family too. Her momma nem went all out. She got motherfuckers to take videos and pictures over there. They been following her ass around all day recording her."

Fela never cared much about her kids cursing. Sure, she cared when they were little, but stopped once they reached middle school. She believed there was no point in telling your kids not to curse because they were going to do it anyway, just without you knowing about it.

Fela chuckled, "Cyrinna sholl did tell me she was gon' go all out. I'm thinking she was just talking bout Mieke's looks though, She went out out."