chapter seventeen.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"How many cars do you have?" Mieke asked as she stepped into Keanu's car. She leaned over, giving him a hug before settling back into the passenger's seat, reaching for the seatbelt.

"Five. I got this Benz, and at home, I got a Aston Martin, Porsche, Bentley, and a McLaren," Keanu replied. He then looked at Mieke, who was staring right back at him. "You look good. I fuck with this style on you a lot."

"You do?" Mieke smiled, running her fingers through her hair. He nodded in agreement. "Thank you. This Benz is nice. I was gonna get this one, but I said fuck it when I saw the Kia."

"Yo Kia fire. I might get Chiara one. I bought this Benz on a whim, just because I was bored. I don't too much fuck with it. This probably my first time driving it in months." Keanu shared as he started the car and pulled away.

"What's wrong with the Benz? Why don't you fuck with it?" Mieke asked.

"Ion know. It's boring. It's not something I usually fuck with," Keanu said with a shrug as he swerved into the road. "I like cars that's more unique and one-of-a-kind. That's why I got the McLaren and the Porsche. They're both exclusive and rare, and they got a lot of character. The Benz just feels too mainstream for me. Im thinking about getting a Rolls Royce next."

"You do not need six cars." Mieke chuckled.

"I wanna have a whole collection," Keanu glanced over at her while pausing at a red light. "My goal is 10 cars, then I'ma stop."

"10 cars is crazy. You sound like my Dad."

"He got a collection?"

Mieke nodded. "Yeah, he's at 8 cars right now, and I forgot how many more he's planning to get. It feels like every month he's buying a new car. For what reason? I don't know. He doesn't even like leaving the house."

"That's the thing. It's not bout driving them. It's about the thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction you get when you finally added it to yo collection. And it's bout having the right car for the right occasion. Like, My porsche? I'm always driving that shit on the weekends. It's got this classic look and feel to it that I fuck with. And the McLaren? that's just pure power and speed. That's why I can't just stick with one car. I need to have a collection that I can pick and choose from depending on my mood and what I want to do. Once you start collecting, Ain't no stopping for real."

While Keanu passionately discussed cars, Mieke found herself lost in his words. There was something captivating about seeing someone talk passionately about something they loved. Even though she didn't understand much about cars beyond their colors and aesthetics, she found herself drawn to his enthusiasm. It was one of those things she always liked about him—the way he could talk about something with such fervor.

"So you like your Aston Martin more than the Bentley?" Mieke asked Keanu and he nodded.

"Fasho. Don't get me wrong, I like the Bentley, no doubt about it, but it's something bout how the Aston Martin drives that got me." Keanu glanced at Mieke and chuckled. "You don't even understand shit I'm saying. Just listening."