chapter thirty seven.

Excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈.

Share my world by Mary J Blige played in the car as 14 year-old Mieke sat in the passenger seat of her mom's car, humming along to the song. She looked out the window and the sun was shining but dark clouds were rolling in and Mieke frowned, She loved rainy days but she hated having to spend one at school instead of in bed.

The song then switched to Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson, and Cyrinna, Mieke's mom, reached out and turned the volume up. Mieke exclaimed, "Oh my godddd." covering her face with her arm.

Cyrinna looked at Mieke, smiling, and said, "What? Girl, this is our song!" She chuckled and continued, "My name is Keri, I'm so very, fly, oh my, it's a lil bit scary." Cyrinna sung looking at Mieke and Mieke rolled her eyes smiling a bit.

Cyrinna played this song almost every single car ride, and she made sure to sing it to Dakota and Mieke every time. She knew how self-conscious girls could get, especially when they reach high school, and she wanted to do everything she could to make sure her daughters knew they were beautiful in and out.

"Boys wanna marry, looking at my derriere, you can stare but if you touch it I'mma bury." Cyrinna continued, then she grabbed Mieke's face, "Pretty as a picture, sweeter than a swisher, mad cause you're cuter than the girl that's with himmm."

"Ma, Go, The light is green." Mieke nodded towards the light and Cyrinna resumed driving.

The rest of the car ride was filled with more music playing as Cyrinna kept driving and dancing, singing along to song after song meanwhile, Mieke remained silent, gazing out the window lost in her own thoughts, mentally preparing herself for another day of school.

They finally reached Mieke's school and they stopped in front of the main entrance. Mieke grabbed her backpack and opened the door and stepped out onto the walkway, turning back to her mother before closing the door behind her. "I'm spending the night at Lottie's. We're hanging out with Jayden and Jaylin after school."

"Okay. You need some money?" Cyrinna asked.

"Yes." Mieke said, "Twenty dollars is fine."

Cyrinna grabbed her purse and looked at Mieke, "What y'all bout to get into after school?"

"We're just going to the mall." Mieke replied as Cyrinna handed her the $20. "Thank you."

"And you only need $20? You sure about that?"

Mieke nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure. I talked to Daddy this morning, and he said that when he gets off work, he's going to put some money in my account. So that, plus your $20? I'm real sure."

Cyrinna chuckled, "You lucky I owed you $20 already, I would've asked for my money back."

Mieke smirked, sliding the $20 bill into the back of her phone case. "But you wouldn't get it back." She glanced away and saw her biology teacher outside on the field. "Okay, I have to go inside before my teacher sees me. See you tomorrow."

"Girl you're always skipping that man's class. See you tomorrow though. I love you."

"I love you too." Mieke replied with a smile, before turning and walking toward the school.