chapter twenty three.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

The lady hosting the candle making workshop happily provided Keanu and Mieke with instructions and ingredients

The lady hosting the candle making workshop happily provided Keanu and Mieke with instructions and ingredients. "If you guys have any questions or need assistance, just ring this bell right here. I'm here to help you every step of the way. And over there," she pointed to a card stack on the table, "you'll find cards with a bunch of questions – a little game to enjoy while crafting. It's a 'who knows who more' game. Feel free to pick a card and discover more about each other as you create your candles."

"Okay, Thank you." Mieke smiled.

"Thank you." Keanu said.

"You're welcome, Enjoy!" The lady cheerfully exclaimed before leaving the workshop room.

Keanu rented out the workshop exclusively for himself and Mieke because they preferred to keep them out of the public eye for the time being. Keanu, despite his appreciation for his fans, wanted uninterrupted moments with Mieke, avoiding any potential encounters with fans while spending time together.

"You make mine and ima make yours."

"Okay, What do you want yours to smell like?"
Mieke asked as they walked toward the shelf adorned with signature fragranced candles.

Keanu kept his eyes on the candles on display before looking towards Mieke "Surprise me."

"I want one of mine to smell fruity and the other to smell minty not too strong though," Mieke expressed, reaching for a candle. She smelled it and she wrinkled her nose, "This one stinks."

"Lemme smell." Keanu said and Mieke held the candle up to his nose and he smelled it but he shook his head "Smells too much like outside."

"I was thinking the same thing. If I wanted an outdoor scent, I'll just go outside." Mieke put the candle back and then picked up another, finding the scent to her liking as she smelled it.

Keanu and Mieke spent a few minutes smelling various candles to decide on the scents for each other. Once they had their scents, they went and picked out their jars for the candles before they went back to the table and took their seats. They told the host their four favorite scents and she brought over the fragrance oils before leaving.

"If I opened a restaurant, what food would I want to serve?" Mieke read off of the card.

"Pho. You love the fuck outta pho."

"And do. What do I value in relationships and friendships?" She picked up two fragrance oils, squeezing them together to test their combined scent. "Ouu these smell good together."

"You value honesty. You're a very understanding person so you expect everybody to be able to speak openly and freely with you."

"Exactly. Have I ever had a near-death experience? What was it?" She asked him.