chapter fifteen.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮
Today 7:55 PM

That's you in that Kia?

Yeah
Delivered

Shortly after, a knock came at her car window, and as she glanced over, she saw Keanu outside. Opening the door, their eyes met, but she quickly looked away, causing him to chuckle.

"What's funny?" Mieke chuckled grabbing her Deep Ocean Blue Small Lady Dior bag.

"You still can't hold eye contact with people." Keanu remarked. He held the door open for Mieke as she stepped out of the car, closing it behind her after she exited, and she locked it.

"Boy, please. I'm a psychologist. I have to maintain eye contact when people are talking."

"Then you still can't hold eye contact with me."

"I held eye contact with you for a good 6 seconds when we first saw each other."

"You looked away though. You look good." he complimented. Mieke glanced at him, smiled, and then looked away, a habit she'd had since they met during her freshman year of high school. Whenever he complimented her, she'd look at him, smile, then divert her gaze.

Handling compliments from him remained a challenge for her, and it amazed him that she was still the same after all this time.

"Thanks, Keanu." She replied softly. "You don't look too bad yourself."

"I know. I look good." Keanu shrugged.

"Still cocky. Some things never change." Mieke said, shaking her head as they headed towards the restaurant. Once inside, they were ushered to a private area, and thankfully, nobody seemed to notice them together amidst the good handful of people in the restaurant. "The view's nice."

"You came here before?" Keanu asked.

"Nope, first time for me. How've you been?" Mieke asked, setting her purse beside her as she took a seat opposite Keanu. "I see you made it to the NFL and the team you always talked about. Congratulations! I'm really proud of you."

"Preciate it." Keanu grinned. "For real."

While he appreciated everyone congratulating him on making it to the NFL, during the draft, all he could think about was how he wished Mieke were there to share in his joy, congratulate him, and express how proud she was. Seeing it happen now made him genuinely happy.

"I been good, just chilling. What bout you? What you been up to? I'm proud of you for becoming a psychologist. When I saw you and processed it was you, I couldn't help but smile. You always talked about wanting to become that, so seeing you achieve that, I'm really proud of you."

"Boyyyyy," Mieke drawled, smiling. "Thank you so much. I've been good, just taking it easy. What have I been up to? Hmm, mostly working and staying inside the house, to be honest."

"You? Inside the house?" Keanu asked and Mieke rolled her eyes "Nah you gotta be partying."

Anyone who knew Mieke in high school would tell you that she was always outside. She attended every party, every event, Just everything. Mieke was just barely in the house. She loved being outside and having fun. To her, staying indoors was fine, but it was only enjoyable when she didn't feel like going out.