chapter thirty three.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"Sky, they're almost done!" Mieke shouted, talking about the dancers at the NFL Honors show. Today was the award show and since the award show was in Las Vegas, none of the Baltimore Ravens or Philadelphia Eagles players could attend in person. They were all practicing for the Super Bowl, so they attended remotely.

Mieke looked down at Avani, who was sitting on her lap. She pointed at the book in front of them and asked, "What does this say?"

Avani tapped on the book and read, "Yep, it's time to go, go, go." Mieke pulled down the card in the book, and Avani continued, "Over the toys." Mieke pulled down another card, and Avani said, "Past the kitchen." Mieke revealed the next card, and Avani added, "Through the hallway."

Mieke squealed with excitement and picked up Avani, attacking his face with kisses. She exclaimed, "You're so smart, 2 years old and reading your own books already? Okay, genius."

Avani grinned, "TT next." Mieke flipped the page over, and he began reading, "First Pete gets ready, pants down, potty seat on, read while you wait, and now it's time to wipe and woosh."

Mieke exclaimed, "Ahhhh, that boy is reading!" Avani laughed, and Mieke jokingly said, "What? Next week you gon be reading my work notes?"

Avani nodded and stated, "Yeah." with a big smile. Then, he set the book down and started jumping up and down on the bed, his laughter filling the room. Suddenly, he stopped mid-jump, smirked mischievously, and glanced at Mieke.

"Don't do it Avani Cruz." Mieke quickly warned him but her warning was too late. Avani had already launched himself off the bed and was now mid-backflip, hurtling towards the floor.

Avani landed on the floor with a thud, "Ow."

Mieke rushed to the end of the bed and Avani started laughing as he sat himself up. Mieke let out a relieved breath and grabbed the throw pillow nearby. "Your crazy tail self really scared me, Don't do that ever again." She said as she playfully hit him with the pillow.

Avani, still laughing, tried to stop Mieke from hitting him with the pillow. "It don't even hurt."

Mieke stopped hitting him with the pillow and said, "It doesn't hurt until you're in the hospital again getting stitches and you're gonna be there crying like a lil baby." She stuck her tongue out.

Avani climbed back into the bed, "I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not."

"You are." Mieke rolled her neck.

Avani chuckled and insisted, "I'm not."

Mieke smirked, "Aht, I said what I said. You are."

Avani shook his head confidently and said, "I'm not gonna cry. I'm a big boy."

"I don't want this." Mieke mimicked his crying from when he got stitches. Avani tried to keep a straight face but couldn't hold back his laugh as he wrapped his arms around Mieke, laying his head on her chest. Just as the laughter filled the room, the door opened, and Skyler walked in.