chapter fourteen.

late update ik lmfao sorry.
excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

"Mixed up the party pack, popped like a molly, I was the first young nigga rockin' Marni!" Dakota enthusiastically rapped out loud while standing on the living room couch, holding Cupid. "Young nigga, yeah, I'm raw like Maaly. Yeah, I'm so raw, I don't need to use a condom!"

Dakota's spring break kicked off last Monday and wrapped up on Friday. It's Tuesday now, and she's still here. She was supposed to go back to Tallahassee on Sunday night, but one of her professors canceled class because he wasn't ready to jump back into it after his break. So, Dakota's extending her stay until Wednesday.

"Girl put my baby down. He looks scared." Mieke chuckled at Cupid's startled expression.

"My bad Cupid." Dakota said as she stepped off the couch, gently placing Cupid down. Cupid hurried to the balcony door, excitedly jumping against it. Dakota unlocked the door, letting Cupid run outside. She left him alone and joined Mieke in the kitchen, asking "What are you making me for breakfast? It's my last day."

"I'm making noodles." Mieke glanced at Dakota and chuckled at her expression. "Bitch you are eighteen years old. You could cook."

"I'm just a girl though." Dakota huffed.

"Did you just call me a nigga?"

"You're a woman. I'm a girl." Dakota grabbed a bottle of cranberry juice out of the refrigerator.

"I'm making them my way, Do you want some?" Mieke asked and Dakota nodded, "Okay get the eggs out of the refrigerator for me. Who were you on the phone giggling with last night?"

"Girl some boy who claim I'm gonna be his girlfriend little do he know I'm transferring." Dakota replied while opening the refrigerator.

"Aw, You finally made your decision?"

"Yeah. In Tallahassee, it's just all about drinking and partying. Not to be a pick-me, but I'm not into the party scene. I get overstimulated quickly, and even if I liked parties, doing it every day isn't my thing. Momma told me to find places to go, but I tried, and there's nothing there. The Barnes and Noble there is disappointing, and Tallahassee just lacks excitement. It's a boring town, and the school and people are irritating. I planned to tough it out but nah. I can't deal with that school anymore. I even changed my mind about living in a small town because that school is in one, and it's the most boring thing ever."

"That's good. Honestly, when you told me you got accepted to FAMU, I was shocked."

"Why?" Dakota made a face.

"Since junior year you been talking about colleges, but that one never came up. So, when you said you got accepted there, it really surprised me. I didn't even know you applied, especially because it's so far away."

"I applied to that school because Alisah was going there—I didn't want to be alone in college. But then we stopped being friends, and now I guess it's karma because I'm alone. I don't even know what I was thinking. I regret choosing that college. I should've just gone to NYU."

"You probably shouldn't have applied just because Alisah was going there. Yall friendship was toxic. Yall was ending that friendship damn near every three months. But I get it; you didn't want to be alone. Now, as for Haveli and Khouri? Don't tell them that's the reason you applied. They gone shame the fuck out of you," Mieke remarked, and Dakota nodded with a chuckle. "Are you going to college here?"