chapter nine.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

Keanu and Skyler stepped out of the car, their laughter mingling with the vibrant air of the sunny Monday afternoon. Their destination—a flower store, adorned with colorful blooms peeking through the storefront window.

The chime of the doorbell echoed as Keanu and Skyler pushed open the door of the store.

From the back of the store, an elderly African American lady emerged, her eyes widening in surprise as she caught sight of the familiar figure in her doorway. Her jaw dropped, momentarily stunned by the unexpected arrival.

"I know it ain't the Keanu Jacobs in my store!" The old lady exclaimed.

"What? You lying?" Another voice chimed in, this time belonging to a man. He emerged from the back, and his jaw dropped as he laid eyes on Keanu, his favorite football player. "Man, and I was close to not coming in today."

"Hii." Skyler waved, catching the old lady's attention as she leaned over the counter.

"Oh, my God! Hello beautiful." The old lady exclaimed with genuine warmth in her voice.

"Thank you." Skyler replied, blushing at the compliment. She glanced to her side and noticed the other man waving at her. She dropped one of her hands and waved back.

"Wassup. Nice to meet y'all." Keanu chuckled.

"Shit, Nice to meet us? Nah it's nice to meet you. Rod take a picture with him so I could post it on FaceBook. All this man talks about is how you're his favorite football player." The elderly lady chuckled, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "I don't know shit about football, I only watch the shit when you're playing."

"That's wassup." Keanu said dapping up Rod before giving the old lady a side hug. "Youn wanna take a picture too?" He asked, turning to the old lady, who broke into a smile.

"Of course!" She exclaimed.

"I'll take the picture," Neon, Keanu's security guard, offered, and the old lady handed Neon her phone. Rod and the old lady moved away from the counter, positioning themselves—one beside Keanu and the other on the opposite side. Meanwhile, Skyler stood in front of Keanu. "Y'all ready?" Neon asked, and they nodded.

Neon captured about three pictures and once done, he handed the phone back to the lady.

"I love them. Thank you so much," she exclaimed joyfully, clutching her phone. "What brings you guys here today? What flowers can I help you find?" She asked, returning to the counter with a warm and welcoming demeanor.

"Today my lil sister signing day and I want the flowers to be the color of the school she's signing to. Y'all got Maroon and white flowers?"

The elderly lady's smile widened "Yeah we do. Congratulations to your sister, by the way," She gestured towards a section in the shop, motioning them to follow. "Follow me."

Leading Keanu and Skyler through the vibrant display of flowers, the lady showcased an assortment of blossoms in hues of maroon, white, and burgundy. Roses, carnations, and dahlias adorned the shelves, each bloom exuding its unique charm and beauty.