chapter thirty one.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙿𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙰𝙳𝙴𝙻𝙿𝙷𝙸𝙰, 𝙿𝙰.

Mieke and Nia sat side-by-side in the backseat of their Uber as the car pulled up in front of the stadium. People were milling about outside, some patiently waiting in line, while others were still arriving. Guards were stationed everywhere, keeping a watchful eye to ensure that everything went smoothly. It was a busy scene as training camp for the Philadelphia Eagles approached.

Mieke grabbed her purse from next to her and thanked the driver at the same time as Nia. They both stepped out of the car and outside the stadium and Mieke quickly put her sunglasses down to cover her eyes from the blinding sun.

"Oh baby, it's too fucking hot out here." Nia blocked the sun with her hands, squinting as her eyes tried to adjust to the bright sunlight.

"It feels a little bit good though, since that Uber was freezing." Mieke remarked as they began walking towards the entrance. Being girlfriends, they didn't have to stand in line; they had to go straight to the family and friends table.

Nia looked back at the curb and frowned. "I miss that Uber," she said. "We can't call him back?"

Mieke laughed and said, "Girl, come on, there's places in the stadium where we can sit with shade. The sun is not going to bother us for long."

When they reached the friends and family table, they received their wristbands and proceeded through security. Stepping out onto the field, they were greeted by the sight of many happy fans, family members, and friends. Mieke's eyes scanned the field and spotted Keanu.

It seemed like he felt her gaze because he turned to look at her, and she smiled and waved at him.

Keanu began walking over and Mieke met him halfway, holding her fist out for a fist bump. Keanu looked at her fist, "That ain't happening."

Mieke chuckled, "A hug isn't happening either, you're all sweaty and stuff. I hate sweat."

"You ain't see me in two days and you ain't give me a hug or kiss? What? You got another nigga I don't know about?" Keanu asked, joking around.

Mieke shrugged and exclaimed, "Maybeeee," her smile widening. "You know I gotta have company around. You wanna meet him or something?" She teased, raising an eyebrow at Keanu.

Keanu just nodded, "Aight Mieke."

Mieke laughed, "Smooches, I'm just playing. You know you're the only one on the roster and you're going to be the only one to ever be." She then leaned up and gave him a kiss on the lips before pulling away. "Well, you're number one." she teased and Keanu stared at her blankly, and she chuckled and added, "I'm just playing with you."

"You ain't stupid." He said before wrapping his arms around her adding "You bet not pull away."

"No point in pulling away now; your sweaty ass is already on me." Mieke remarked, and Keanu chuckled at the muffled sound of her voice.

"You staying with me tonight?" He asked softly.

"Yes, I am." Mieke pulled away from the hug a bit and looked Keanu up and down, admiring his uniform. "Check you out, though," she said with a smirk. "You look so handsome in your uniform."